Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow ! What the heck ? 4:22pm Sunday, and we havent had our 1st round yet. wtf ?

wow ! What the heck ? 4:22pm Sunday, and we havent had our 1st round yet. wtf ?

Whats going on. efi hasnt made a pass yet. i know we only have an 8 car field but dam.

Open comp, and muscle car made their 1st round run over 6 hours ago and havent been up since.

but yet local brackets have had 2 time trials and 2 rounds already.

who else thinks their should be no brackets at nmca events ?

i think most of us have a lot longer ride home than the local bracket guys.

2012 EFI #9
    2010 - 2011 Hiatus
    2009 EFI #4 (only ran 3 out of 7 races and won 2 of them)
    2008 EFI #3
    2007 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion
    Straight Line Performance
    Young's Auto Supply
    UMI Performance
    Advanced Induction

x2 on that

update

efi finnaly got to run shortly after my post.

open comp had to hotlap 2 runs.

and now its startin to sprinkle.

2012 EFI #9
    2010 - 2011 Hiatus
    2008 EFI #3
    Young's Auto Supply
    UMI Performance
    Advanced Induction

Question

I know it is busy at the track and things get hectic.....but...
    I don't see why someone can't be assigned to post round results..or at least finals, or something...???
    Seems it is a pretty big factor to getting people interested and keeping those interested in following the series. Not ALL can go to the events, but def. want to follow along and support the series.
    Not trying to crank anyone up, just making an observation.

I have some friends that run in ORSCA (for example) and I can follow the events, almost, as they happen. Makes for good PR, involvement, etc.

Here, stuff gets put up whenever......I usually end up checking on some other sites to get a lil info on results.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss69 View Post
    I know it is busy at the track and things get hectic.....but...
    I don't see why someone can't be assigned to post round results..or at least finals, or something...???
    Seems it is a pretty big factor to getting people interested and keeping those interested in following the series. Not ALL can go to the events, but def. want to follow along and support the series.
    Not trying to crank anyone up, just making an observation.

I have some friends that run in ORSCA (for example) and I can follow the events, almost, as they happen. Makes for good PR, involvement, etc.

Here, stuff gets put up whenever......I usually end up checking on some other sites to get a lil info on results.
    ---- Sighs ----

I'm too tired to deal with this. Will someone else please inform Jack about live timing.

Oh, I guess it was FREE this weekend. Last time I looked you had to purchase a subscription.

Just say, don't bitch we won't be posting any results.........no problem.

thanks

It is free every weekend. You only pay to see the archives Jack. FYI.. I just posted all the results.

Info appreciated. Thanks!

The live timing was free this weekend, even the archives.

Thanks NMCA for the Live Timing

I thought I was at abracket race rather than a NMCA event!

I was very disappointed how Sundays race schedule went down. Sure there were wrecks, emergency equipment issues, and oil downs (mostly from the bracket racing). I'm quite sure I speak myself and for many racers who travel great distances to go to these races. I myself took 12 hours to get home arriving at 6:00 in the morning. I quit bracket racing to pursue Open Comp racing. I love it! The people are the best. I actually raced first round at 9:39 AM then second round at 5:19 PM. I lost in the second round and third round winners were hot lapped! That is plain unacceptable. Three rounds of bracket racing filled most of this time and with low car counts in other categories racers sat and twiddled there thumbs all day waiting to race. Only to lose first round late afternoon then have to travel great distances. We need the travel time.
    I think we should look at NHRA. 75 min. turn around between rounds. Or something reasonable. If bracket racing is necessary have them run time trials on Sat. Eliminations could also run on Sat. to get a 16 or 8 car field to run on Sun. with all the other categories. As low budget independent racer it is very hard to have the money needed to attend these races. Fuel costs(travel fuel and race fuel), hotels, food costs. I'm rethinking about next season and Memphis due these issues. We all don't have deep pockets.

Stormin Norman
    OC9877

The bracket Racing KILLED it for me and the kids, they were practically sleeping in the stands as were several others I seen. I really wanted to stay for all NMCA rounds but just couldnt due to time constraints and kids... So I left about 3:30. If nothing else, start the bracket racing saturday night OR Limit the number of bracket entries and make it a Pre-Registered limited entries type bracket event. Seemed like the local weekly bracket guys received the most track time and spectator time.. and thats not what most people paid to see. Dont get me wrong.. the boys and I had an awesome time, watching the NMCA regulars...

Not for nothing... I'm all for the bracket guys.. but it wouldnt hurt my feelings 1 bit if they didnt run at all.
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

i just think that the local bracket guys dont wanna share the track with us either it triples there time at the track, so why not quit having the brackets and then the locals could find an nmca class to run in and make more money for the nmca, nobody in a points race in there local brackets is gonna run with us i just dont see the point of it
    • 2007 Eaton LM-EFI 4th Place
    • 2008 Eaton LM-EFI 2nd Place

Blog Entries
    Does the bracket racing have the same impact at every track? This is race 6 and it is the first time I hear something like this.

Good thing you held in there John...congrats on the win!

As for live timing, it is awesome to know results as quickly as possible. For the ability to see instant results and all the archives for EVERY track and organization the do this at, it is worth the $40 bucks...sneak that into your racing budget just like tires, fuel, oil, memberships, entry fees..etc.

You will be happy you did

Quote Originally Posted by norboy69 View Post
    If bracket racing is necessary have them run time trials on Sat.

Stormin Norman
    OC9877

I like this idea. I also know for a fact other races do too.
    I would love to sit in the stands after qualifying on Saturdays and watch a few rounds of bracket cars down few beers and then go back to the hotel.

2012 EFI #9
    2010 - 2011 Hiatus
    2008 EFI #3
    Young's Auto Supply
    UMI Performance
    Advanced Induction

Sence most of these bracket guys run throttle stops and delay boxes, only run "Footbrake" bracket cars and stuff them in O/C and increase the payout based on the car count. Sowhat if some of the cars don't fit the O/C criteria (full interior and carpet...etc) they will be running an index. The whole Pro, S/pro, Street Tire and then bikes deal just drug it out, leave the bikes out all together and get rid of the electronics. Also add an NMCA membership package to the entry fee for NON NMCA members, maybe a 6mth deal or something. Not only will this help generate extra revinew for ProMedia but it will also increase intrest in the other classes the series has to offer by getting our publication and rule book into the hands of known existing racers.

And isnt car count what we're all looking for???
    Last edited by Denny Pett; 09-23-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast