Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: congrats team CRE Performance

Hybrid View

congrats team CRE Performance

Chet looks like you had your hands full this weekend. great job Chet,John, & Brad. Sorry Tim win some lose some, thats racing as Chet would say!!

Paul Lewis

Congrats on a big win and that awesome 8.78 pass. Its been a lot of fun this season and we are a little disapointed thats thers only one more left. See you in a few weeks guys

Thank you HDR you tell your boss I said thats one BadAss FireBird.
    Hope to see you all in Memphis. Look at all the 9.0? cars in this class. It was a great weekend.

Thank you
    Last edited by CRE; 09-24-2008 at 05:44 AM.

congrats Chet way to go
    SPECIAL THANKS TO

Racecraft Inc. www.racecraft.com
    -DC Performance Chassis Bel Air MD.
    -Steve Johnson Induction solutions
    -2001 Hot Rod magazine hardcore axle article
    -2 time NSCA semi-finalist efi, street machine
    -2 time NMCA semi-finalist opencomp

Wow, awful quiet in here all the sudden!!!
    s/r 6100 (#10 for 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by greg w. View Post
    Wow, awful quiet in here all the sudden!!!
    Were thinking

I am OK with the class being a high 8 sec class, but the T-trim will not go 156+ mph.

Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi View Post
    I am OK with the class being a high 8 sec class, but the T-trim will not go 156+ mph.
    x2, I think the 3450lbs+ may have somthing to do with it not going fast.

Come on! Lets not over generalize the situation. There has been one car this year that has gone 8.70s ….and only a few times. The second closest is 8.92 and we haven’t even been able to back that up in 3 races. Tell me that if turbo cars could have had there 72mm again this year that they would still be stuck at 8.99 on the best track in the best air and a perfect pass….

The nitrous cars are working there tails off to go fast. The rules have not been changed to make nitrous cars any faster, its just been hard work over the past few years. This year was the first year that a nitrous car could run in the 8 seconds with the same rules as last year….so how is it that the turbo guys already have it figured out how fast there cars are ever going to go in perfect conditions when the rule change was over this past winter.

A 9 teen would have put a car in the number 2 or 3 qualifying spot for the most of the year. Maybe the 72mm to the 70mm was a wrong move but why would the nmca change it back when they have not turbo cars at any of the races to compare. Mike went 155MPH early this year, that could be some major E/T if he could get his car to run in on the short end. At least come out and compete to prove that a 70mm isn’t enough.

The smaller tire is not a bad idea. X/S runs 180MPH on a 10inch tire. Whats wrong with running 155 on a tire that is only an inch smaller.

And if chets only tuning his hot rods to run 8.70 in Tenn. he might as well not even come....I waxed the firbird today...it should pick up and easy 3 tenths

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post

And if chets only tuning his hot rods to run 8.70 in Tenn. he might as well not even come....I waxed the firbird today...it should pick up and easy 3 tenths
    Lewis, it's time to break out the speacial O29'er formula 4 wax. HDR's up to something. Have Macaluso get both cars in the wind tunnel as we speak.

Cant we all get along

and by the way in case anybody wants to know NITROUS DOES RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Minitubbed Gt View Post

I've had a procharger for along time and have had alot of fun along with some success but I will say now that I've been given the oppertunity to drive the other CRE car Nitrous is some fun stuff. If you look around the pits, you'll notice the guys running nitrous are always

Quote Originally Posted by Minitubbed Gt View Post
    Cant we all get along

I think he was kidding Turbo Tim.
    OneQuikss not sure who you are but thank you. If you know me then you know how much heart and effort it took to get here. Is the SS Black?????
    Last edited by CRE; 10-06-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Alot has happened in the 2008 street race class "alot of guys really stepped it up this year" it has been a great season maybe next year the turbo guys will be back
    but instead of chilling down there intercoolers they will be heating up there bottles between rounds

Congrats guys

Chets a Cheater
    2006 S/R world champion
    2006 World Record E.T. and mph
    9.08@151.4
    Winner Superbowl Joliet IL 2006
    Winner Atlanta 2006
    Winner Memphis 2006
    Winner Ohio 2007
    Winner Superbowl Joliet IL 2007
    2007 World record E.T. 9.014@152.80 Till mike shattered it with 8.99

THANK GOD I QUIT WITH SOME DIGNITY LEFT