Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects, New Cars, New Combinations or updates

Winter Projects, New Cars, New Combinations or updates

The Holidays are almost past us who's doing what with their cars? Does anyone have any new projects that they would like to share with the masses? Are we going to have any new cars coming out to play? Who's going to Knock Knox off of the Podium as the fastest car in True Street History? Just 3 months and we will be racing again.

POST IT ALL HERE!!!!!
    JEFF CONLEY
    Operations Manager Lucas Oil Raceway
    www.lsxracers.com

9 out of 10 times if you have to ask if it's legal...............it's probably not!

HiJeff,

Quote Originally Posted by nmcajeff View Post
    The Holidays are almost past us who's doing what with their cars? Does anyone have any new projects that they would like to share with the masses? Are we going to have any new cars coming out to play? Who's going to Knock Knox off of the Podium as the fastest car in True Street History? Just 3 months and we will be racing again.

POST IT ALL HERE!!!!!
    No real big changes planned other than re-routing our intake piping and trying a different tire. Definately not going to make a run for Knox but I think that we might have a handle on the 60' times and just maybe might make a 8.9X pass in '09. Looking forward to the coming season.

Later,

Rebel Racing

RebelRacing.8k.com

1993 Mustang Coupe
    9.10@152.40

The motor is out and is coming apart on Saturday. It will have a little more head work done to it, most likely an new intake, and cam. Just looking to freshen the rotating assembly and it might take a piston. The carb is out getting some work done. The vacuum pump is out getting rebuilt. Axles are getting sent back to Strange to have 5/8" studs installed. Hoping to have the bumpers chromed instead of the painted look I had last year. The trans is getting freshened up since there was a bearing noise in it all year but I didn't feel like pulling anything apart. Hoping to be testing by April and maybe we will be in Bowling Green. As far as Mr. Knox the only way my motor will put me in the 7s is if it is in, man that's a lot of 2 letter words in a row, one of those little Smart Cars.

Im shooting for 7's if I ever get off my ass and finish the wiring and brake lines. Damn, I started this 25-5 in December of 2007 and Im still not done! LOL
    1989 Mustang Notch Street Car
    427SBF, PT 101, glide
    Best e.t.8.17 on radials and low boost
    Best mph 172.28 3500lb street car

Nice keep it coming guys. Is anyone building a new car for the class?
    JEFF CONLEY
    www.lsxracers.com

9 out of 10 times if you have to ask if it's legal...............it's probably not!

If the economy doesn't get better soon, I'll be lucky to be shooting for 15.0 with this..

BTW- anyone want to buy a fish tank... lol

GMCRACER - 88 GTA maybe next on deck
    George Carey

George you need to find a 79 TransAm That would be perfect for you black and the bird on the hood please. CB antenna and all playing some Billy Squirer "the Stroke" on the 8 track.
    JEFF CONLEY
    www.lsxracers.com

Quote Originally Posted by nmcajeff View Post
    George you need to find a 79 TransAm That would be perfect for you black and the bird on the hood please. CB antenna and all playing some Billy Squirer "the Stroke" on the 8 track.
    I'd need to clear some stuff outta the barn first.... (some not shown) 3 Oldsmobiles, 4 Camaros, one open trailer (unloaded) and another 3rd gen worth of parts... Good thing I have a friend storing the Orange car... and I still have the wife's car and my Suburban laying around...

GMCRACER - 88 GTA maybe next on deck
    George Carey

You do have alot of cars. Still think a S&B special would look good in your stable. All in fun. Have a Happpy New year and I hope 09 is better for you and all of us.
    JEFF CONLEY
    www.lsxracers.com

I had planned to buy the F-2 this winter, but I think I'll just stick to doing a little fiberglass & sheet metal work. I'm going to see what '09 brings before I buy any more parts.

Hello I've been reading on this forum for awhile but haven't really posted anything. I'm putting in an 8pt bar, doing some more head work, and custom grind cam. I've shed almost 100 pounds from the front end by removing the AC, power steering and some other unneeded stuff. Also moved the battery to the rear, getting new set of ET Streets, bigger fuel pump and injectors. Not the fastest car by a long shot but still fun to race! I plan on being in Joliet again this year. Hopefully the new distributor will survive further than the 330' mark on the last pass!
    -Josh
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9

Only stang I know with a 7 sec T/S chance is Wazslow - (come on finish her up, you the TS equivalent of the "Great White Hope" for us ford guys lol)

I got a few new pieces and changes coming but mid 8's is all im hoping for! sneak peek, rest is in racepages next mth. >> Safe racin and good luck to everyone in '09!

ALL OUT AUTOMOTIVE Support Your Local Speed Shop VORTECH Top Tier Dealer/Installer ~ Tony's Metal Crafts ~ Harris Motorsports
    Dealer for trick flow,upr,summit,moser,keystone,mickey T. BIG STUFF 3, Moran Injection, Trans Specialties, FAST official member TS 8 sec club www.facebook.com/AllOutAutomotive

Ive got a 1993 stock suspension , twin turbo camaro that Im planning to run in TRUE STREET this coming year.. Boy this sure sounds EERILY familiar..

THe car is at DMC in Massachusetts . Dennis is well on his way to finishing the car and tells me it will be out in full dress ready for testing by the end of Feb.

Can you guys believe I am actually getting excited over this project again ??
    Tom Heatley Jr
    Gleason, TN

Talking

I bet that you are excited! Keep us informed on the progress.

I'm working on a Mustang that will push the 7 sec zone in True Street once I get a few more bars put in, get my license, and get a lot of seat time. With my limited budget and location, it probably won't be to an NMCA race til 2010 or 2011 if all goes well. It will probably take 7.50's by then to be the fastest. Oh yeah, it's a got a SBC

- Brian
    1987 Mustang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast