Thread: Friday/Coverage Coverage, Results, Photos, Videos...

Friday/Coverage Coverage, Results, Photos, Videos...

MAIN LINK --> http://www.streetlegaltv.com/forum/n...rage-2783.html

I will update this a few times through the weekend!

Well once again we join you from one of the highly anticipated events on the NMCA schedule which has brought us to the rolling hillside country of Mohnton, Pennsylvania. The third stop on the tour is ready to kick off with our coverage thanks to SCT Performance. Visit them at sctflash.com for a look at their full line of great products.

Unfortunately the Maple Grove event has started off as the Bowling Green event finished. The rain had set in yesterday and has continually dumped heavily for the past 24 hours. Despite the weather the pits are filling up fast and racers have traveled from across the country and from north of the border to compete in the Kooks Custom Headers NMCA Nationals. As the day went on the rain has continued to fall but as I roamed the pits many racers and cars have made their way through tech inspection for their rightful classes.

Don Bowles looks on as his car is thoroughly inspected by the NMCA officials

One of my favorite cars is Don Bowles in one of his many "Coal Digger" entries, The yellow Ford Maverick that he most recently dominated the Hot Street class at Atco, New Jersey with last month. Bowles started out the season chasing the proper tune-up for the car and battling some chassis issues but after coming across that sweet spot he has been on a tear ever since. With the Roush small block under the hood he has proven that he can be a front runner anywhere he feels like running. I followed him as he went through tech and he is confident as ever for the battle that is to ensue this weekend once the tree falls green.

Jamie Stantons Camaro hides in the confines of his trailer

A lot of racers have still remained in the dry comfort of their trailers and some of the bigger names in the sport have yet to be seen from within their confines. Charlie Booze Jr. has made repairs to his engine after a mishap in New Jersey during qualifying. His team is in full effect as they anticipate the rain will stop in order to start qualifying on Saturday morning. Jamie Stanton is on the grounds with his beautiful late-model Camaro ready to compete in Vortech Xtreme Street. Stanton showed in Bowling Green with hopes off seeing the full potential of the car but with the rain that hope fell to the wayside. Once again we will have to wait until Saturday to see what he has to offer. I can assure you by looking at the BES powerplant under the hood he will have the power. Pictures surely do not do this car justice and once it hits the ground tomorrow in the sun I will be shooting plenty of pictures of it.

A up close and personal look at the Charlie Buck powerplant that motivates Chris Rini's Stratus

Scorpion Performance Pro Street is lining up to a great show with many heavy hitters preparing for tomorrow’s action. Troy Coughlin, Vinnie Budano and Vinnie Demieri have already been seen on the grounds but the cars are remaining in the trailers until the rain subsides. One team that is preparing for competition is Chris Rini and his ATI sponsored entry. Rini has already racked up several wins with other organizations this year and looks to improve upon his semi-final finish in Bradenton. Rini’s Hemi powered Stratus team has went over the car thoroughly and is capitalizing on the down time which they hope will put them ahead of the field come tomorrow.

John Schroeder makes his way to tech for Nostalgia Pro Street

For full scheduling visit the NMCA website.

For the full photo gallery from Friday click here
    Last edited by powerjames; 06-06-2009 at 09:04 AM.