Thread: efi intake ???

efi intake ???

Anyone know why none of the Edelbrock efi intakes on pages 125 to 130 in the 2009 Edelbrock catalog for all s/b and b/b : Chrysler , Ford , Chevy's are not legal ? Like in the case of the Chrysler they are the only efi intakes made that i know of . Not trying to start anything just asking a general question to all the racers in this class.

Whats the point? You cant use anything other than a factory style EFI manifold, ie you cant use a Edelbrock Vic Jr made with injector bungs for a LS1 correct?
    Jeff @ Performance Specialties, Inc.
    Glen Burnie, Md

well if you have a Chrysler what do you use and ford can use lots of box intakes and long and short runners but for one to work good you have to spend about $1,000 just in porting to get the runners close to the same cfm flow #'s
    when you can just spend $350 and get one from Edelbrock that all the runners flow about the same right out the box so again if we are trying to keep this a beginners class not a money class then they should be leagal so the little guys can have just as good a motor for far less money ??? its the same as aluminum rods why ???? it is a beginners class I thought ??????????

Beginners Class

I think the days of this being a beginners class are over.8-60- 8-80 with 1.30 sixties no bars on 275 bfgs.You better spend or your going to be left way behind,like almost a full second.Good luck with out of the box parts
    2006 S/R world champion
    2006 World Record E.T. and mph
    9.08@151.4
    Winner Superbowl Joliet IL 2006
    Winner Atlanta 2006
    Winner Memphis 2006
    Winner Ohio 2007
    Winner Superbowl Joliet IL 2007
    2007 World record E.T. 9.014@152.80 Till mike shattered it with 8.99

THANK GOD I QUIT WITH SOME DIGNITY LEFT

New Setup 7.51@194.78 on radials and a 94 mm

Quote Originally Posted by racer xxx View Post
    Like in the case of the Chrysler they are the only efi intakes made that i know of .
    If your looking for a Carb type intake that is legal for a newer style Chryler. Maybe you need to look at Mopar Performance parts. If you looking for a F/I intake thats better then whats offered look at Mopar Performance parts. There is never going to be a aftermarket style intake that performes like sb Ford stuff. Its just not out there. Better then stock but not like the Ford after market stuff. The answer is blow threw. Why all the intrest in a Chry. anyway??? Do you have a customer looking to build a Chry. product to race this class or what??? As far as the aluminum rods go. they should have always been allowed. Its a good rule change. I think it may bring more cars to the class. NMRA Rengade racers maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by turbocar6040 View Post
    I think the days of this being a beginners class are over.8-60- 8-80 with 1.30 sixties no bars on 275 bfgs.You better spend or your going to be left way behind,like almost a full second.Good luck with out of the box parts
    Our stuff is out of the box. hehehe. Intake, Carb. Heads,Cam, Lifters, bearings, block, crank, rockers,oil pump,nitrous system,wheels, tires,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CRE View Post
    If your looking for a Carb type intake that is legal for a newer style Chryler. Maybe you need to look at Mopar Performance parts. If you looking for a F/I intake thats better then whats offered look at Mopar Performance parts. There is never going to be a aftermarket style intake that performes like sb Ford stuff. Its just not out there. Better then stock but not like the Ford after market stuff. The answer is blow threw. Why all the intrest in a Chry. anyway??? Do you have a customer looking to build a Chry. product to race this class or what??? As far as the aluminum rods go. they should have always been allowed. Its a good rule change. I think it may bring more cars to the class. NMRA Rengade racers maybe.
    Never happen as they have bigger blowers, more NOS and what about the tit valves. There is no way for a efi nmra car to cross over without a lot of work and money. Yes I have a customer with a 69 cuda and a procharger its efi so what intake does he use for efi, as any blow thru setup would be atleast .30 behind a efi car look at Eric what ever his last name is that was just in racepages he tried every thing in nmra DR with a blow thru went to efi went 8.0 the first time out with the efi the best with the carb stuff could do was 8.40's. and why do we need alum rods in a class like this if we can't have solid rollers or tit valves what do we need the alum rods for ???????

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Whats the point? You cant use anything other than a factory style EFI manifold, ie you cant use a Edelbrock Vic Jr made with injector bungs for a LS1 correct?
    no you can't use the vic jr thats the problem as you can use the fast /wilson intake on the LS1 which is far ahead of most of the rest of the efi intakes out there.There is a few good ones for ford if you want to spend over $1,000 like the reichardracing one. But why when you could just allow all the efi vic jr's for all brands then Chrysler and every other brand would be on a level playing field and with a lot less money spent(they are like all under $400) remember this is a beginner class