Thread: Important Message regarding NMCA Bowling Green race!

Important Message regarding NMCA Bowling Green race!

With an ever-increasing chance of significant rain this weekend, across the entire midsection of the country, NMCA officials are at this time, evaluating options for the running of the 9th Annual Quick Fuel Technology NMCA Muscle Car Nationals. In consideration for those who are planning on travelling to Bowling Green for this weekendís race, the NMCA asks that you donít begin your trip. An official announcement will be made as close to 4pm Central Time as possible to inform you if the event has been cancelled.

Unhappy Mother Nature is Cruel..

Issued by The National Weather Service
    Louisville, KY
    9:43 am CDT, Thu., Apr. 29, 2010

... AN ACTIVE WEATHER PERIOD EXPECTED FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT WITH HEAVY RAINS... STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS AND FLOODING POSSIBLE...
    __________________________________________________ __________
    If it takes 18hrs to get there.........(does for me). Decision 4P CT (5PEST).
    IF a GO - Leave at 5P and have to be there, inside, teched, ready to go at 3P for Q1

Man.........

Now the real deal, didn't feel like driving all night Thurs to get there for Fri Q.
    (like I did for Bradenton)
    So, I left last night, stopped and slept for a couple of hrs, planned on getting to track tonight relax, ready for tomorrow...........

CURRENTLY 5 Hrs from BG,in rest area, spending quality time with my son...;>)
    Only stopped cause Bill T called me to say what was up.............I ain't happy, only spent @ $275 in fuel to get to here, so $550 if I get to turn around and go home, plus a day or 2 pay, which ain't much anyhoo.

Please post ASAP. Thanks, Jack

PS. I knew I shoulda put those drag radials in the trailer. Maybe I can talk someone into getting them and meeting me at Cecil.

Its 4:00PM

Its 4:00 PM????

Whats the news????

Said 4P CST...

Don't get me wrong, no one is to blame. The weather is what it is....a pain in the ass. Not much can be done.
    I have been sitting in a rest area for last 2.5 hrs.....someone just make the call and live with it, one way or the other.