Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In shocking news....

In shocking news....

After the rule change...

The 632s are still running 20's and 30's

the 530s are NOT running 30's and 40's anymore. they are running 40's and 50's.

lol.
    Brother, Crew, and Website Creator
    http://www.BBNovaRacing.com

well im sure after this weekends race that they will soon be hitting the 632's with some rule changes, Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BBNovaChris View Post
    After the rule change...

The 632s are still running 20's and 30's

the 530s are NOT running 30's and 40's anymore. they are running 40's and 50's.

lol.
    The 632's except for Beeson were running 40's and 50's!

And dominating...

The 530 combo!!! Lets see.....

1)3003 NPS '78 Camaro GM 644 David Beeson 7.291 198.7 198.7
    2)3228 NPS '69 Camaro Dart 639 Jim Jarrett 7.413 185.77 185.97
    3)3112 NPS '68 Mustang Ford 640 Chuck DeMory 7.415 180.96 184.57
    4)4 NPS '00 Camaro Chev 640 Jeff Colletta 7.453 187.11 187.63
    5)3000 NPS '69 Nova Chev 528 Kevin Parent 7.469 182.97 182.97
    6)3 NPS '69 Camaro Chev 632 Barbara Nesbitt 7.507 182.95 188.04
    7)3919 NPS '90 Trans Am Chev 500 Andy Vogt 7.591 179.25 181.08
    8)3201 NPS '70 Nova Chev 528 Skip Baskin 7.622 181.06 181.06
    9)3024 NPS '69 Camaro Chev 632 Andrew Handras 7.694 182.62 182.62

Hmmm, things look a little lopsided to me?
    2014 NMCA NPS champion!!!!

WWW.BBNovaRacing.com

Kevin

you ran 7.36 on the brakes with a .044 jet ... do you really think that that .002 of jet hurt your combo .15 hundreths ... usually .002 jet size is worth about 50 hp ... is that worth that kind of et ?

Kenny...

With all due respect. I really take offense to everyone saying Kevin drove thru the shoots, or Kevin lifted early. I can show you or anyone else my data from the 7.36 pass which by the way I went 186mph in my brick that there was no holding back. You guys can speculate all you want. The facts are the facts and I have them if anyone wants to see them. Now on the other hand, we all know JJ has more power to tap into. He has the best of the best of everything that money can buy for the NOS 640 combo. I'm sure in the weather we had at ZMAX, he could have gone high or even mid 30's unleashing all the power he has. Now lets talk about what is going to happen at Milan and the finals in St Louis when the air gets good. My little motor won't stand a chance against any of the big block combo's and you know that!!!!! This ain't my first rodeo Kenny!!!! So that's fine, next year there will be at least one less NPS racer. My bet is more than that, but I won't speak for others.

And yes Kenny, it did hurt me. Your math is off a bit though. 7.36 to a 7.46 is a tenth. Yes 50hp is almost a tenth.
    Last edited by bbnova; 08-10-2010 at 06:50 PM.

WWW.BBNovaRacing.com

Still confused

The NMCA hits the 530 combo because of one very successful combination,But leaves the 640 combo alone? 7.29@ONE NINETY EIGHT!!!!
    HELLO IS THERE ANYBODY IN THERE?Think McFLY Think!
    Are you guys trying to attract more local racers and some that will travel? Or are you happy with the amount that you already have.
    Isn't the point of running a business is to try and attract new customers?
    Maybe more thought and effort needs to be put into a decision so as to not have a negative effect on the customers you already have and potential new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnova View Post
    Now on the other hand, we all know JJ has more power to tap into. I'm sure in the weather we had at ZMAX, he could have gone high or even mid 30's unleashing all the power he has.

Yea, idk about that...

You ran a 7.449 your first weekend with that jet. The fastest 632 ran 7.41, your not too far off from that. Now, once you get a little more testing under that jet, i dont think you will have any problem running in the low 40's along with any of the other 632's.
    So before you go off crying about how your not gonna be running next year bc the rules are so unfair, just think about it a little!

Looks as if the 632 combo needs to lose 1 to 2 jets and it would be some pretty close racing!!!! Guess we will see what happens as the year comes to a close.

Damn, I miss this stuff........................

Quote Originally Posted by CAMARO 69 View Post
    Looks as if the 632 combo needs to lose 1 to 2 jets and it would be some pretty close racing!!!! Guess we will see what happens as the year comes to a close.
    Why would you say that?
    Im pretty sure once Kevin gets it straight, he will run right with the 632's...possibly faster. You cant judge a rule change after the first weekend of the new rules, Kevin hasnt hardly had enough time to put in the new jets let alone test with them.
    Stop crying over it, everything will turn out just fine for the 530's!

One ran in the 20's the rest seemed pretty even.

Quote Originally Posted by Super68Camaro View Post
    Why would you say that?
    Im pretty sure once Kevin gets it straight, he will run right with the 632's...possibly faster. You cant judge a rule change after the first weekend of the new rules, Kevin hasnt hardly had enough time to put in the new jets let alone test with them.
    Stop crying over it, everything will turn out just fine for the 530's!
    No crying--stating a fact!! Have you ever run a small inch combo? I doubt it! I myself have raced, tuned, and built stuff from 430inches to 500inches, so I know a little bit! Ya that 42 combo is not worked out yet, but the window of making good clean hits is very small. The 632 has a much larger window to make consistent runs round to round. Shit with all the rule changes every year the 530 combo is nothing more that a comp motor on the bottle with large journals! I take nothing away from Kevin he worked hard and spent alot of money to prove a point. Lets face it the majority of us DO NOT have the backing and mind (Dick Maskin) that he has available to his combo. Like I said I quess we will see what happens at the end of the year, my quess is alot smaller car counts for 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMARO 69 View Post
    No crying--stating a fact!! Have you ever run a small inch combo? I doubt it! I myself have raced, tuned, and built stuff from 430inches to 500inches, so I know a little bit! Ya that 42 combo is not worked out yet, but the window of making good clean hits is very small. The 632 has a much larger window to make consistent runs round to round. Shit with all the rule changes every year the 530 combo is nothing more that a comp motor on the bottle with large journals! I take nothing away from Kevin he worked hard and spent alot of money to prove a point. Lets face it the majority of us DO NOT have the backing and mind (Dick Maskin) that he has available to his combo. Like I said I quess we will see what happens at the end of the year, my quess is alot smaller car counts for 2011!
    Kevin didn't have Dart and Maskin backing him last year and being over weigh with not as good of an engine combo ran 7.35 in the quarter!!

Listen guys....

Here are the facts...

The 632's as mentioned before have a greater window for the tuneup. I had my combo on the verge of letting the smoke out of it. I will even show you the data to prove it.

The 632's for the rest of the season will have good to great air and will dominate.

You can say all you want that the 530 combo has more in it. I do not see one other 530 combo car running away with it or even running what I am. I know my plugs. I know my car. To run the 7.44 I ran, I had to pull a few tricks out of my old hat.

Jim Jarrett isn't using everything he has. There is more power that has been yet to be used in his 632 combo.

The 530 combo needs at least .001 back in jet to even things up. That would make my car run a 7.4 flat which is where the 632 combo currently runs. That doesn't even make up for when the air gets good and the 632 will dominate.

If the NMCA doesn't make a change I would like to thank them for giving my championship this year to Jeff Coletta.

I guess I could always give Beeson or Lafferty a call and spend the money and run what he runs.

WWW.BBNovaRacing.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast