Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Rules Request

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenRacing71 View Post
    The PowerTV coverage is the only one that doesn't cover the so called "step children", which is not part of Promedia/NMCA. I'm sure their market is aimed at the younger heads up yellowbullet crowd. FSC does a wonderful job. 9 times out of 10, if DragRacingOnline or Competition Plus covers a NMCA event there are photos and talk about NSS, NMC, etc. I have had editorial in Car Craft, Popular Hot Rodding, Chevy High Perf., and all sorts of magazines. All from running NMCA events. To a small timer like me that is a huge deal. I'm not sure what else one would expect. We have a venue to race with, sponsors to support and pay contingency, and great media coverage.

No complaints here from someone who runs a class that gets payed less than NSS. haha
    Andy, not to sound all mushy but you deserve all the success that has come your way. You always have a very upbeat attitude, very respectful and exactly the kind of person I'm sure the NMCA likes to call one of their champions.

Jim, you know I love your car and NSS and it doesn't bother me one way or the other when it comes to mufflers.. I've been around this hobby of ours my entire life, racecars are supposed to be loud! My problem lies with certain people who claim to be "fighting for the class", when in reality I feel they are hurting the class by the constant nonstop bitching and whining about how races are to far from my house or nobody likes our class, we should have the same rules as other sanctioning bodies or how great the other races are... NMCA fans also read these post and it looks very hypocritical for one to constantly bitch and complain, but yet attend every event with multiple cars! How ridiculous is that? If your that unhappy, STAY HOME! I wish I had his financial problems, hell, I spend a lot of money traveling just to watch the NMCA events when I have a car that needs finishing..

Like I said, I think he's hurting the class and himself with his posts more than helping. I like and have talked to Dave in the past, and was in Andys pit when Dallas came up in St. Louis and have no personal issues with them, but this shit is getting old...
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Chandler View Post
    Andy, not to sound all mushy but you deserve all the success that has come your way. You always have a very upbeat attitude, very respectful and exactly the kind of person I'm sure the NMCA likes to call one of their champions.
    Jeff, I couldn't agree more and not just because Andy and I are friends either.. I wish I had his composure and poise.. He is the TRUE ambassador of the NMCA..

I on the other hand, am just a hot blooded Italian, Yankee, Democrat living in the south.. lol
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Pett View Post
    I on the other hand, am just a hot blooded Italian, Yankee, Democrat living in the south.. lol
    Yup....knew there was a problem somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLands View Post
    Yup....knew there was a problem somewhere.
    I guess we all have our faults huh?? LOL
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Hey Denny are you one of those DEMOCRATS that put Obama in the White House?

----- Edited by Scott

Gary, comments like that will get you in trouble around here.

LMAO, I am a Democrat, but can't take any credit for this one Gary.
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

LOL This thread has gone in so many directions where to next.
    Steve W.

LOL... There's no telling Steve...
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

My request was to allow NMCA workers to make a qualifying hit in their car of choice during a one hour time slot added to the schedule each day for just us!

I'm not holding my breath....
    Derejk "The Nordic God of Foul Starts"

1970 Chevrolet Nova SS Clone
    NMC 8060, O/C 9281, True Street
    -Just another street/strip car

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula
    LSX Rumble #628 and back-up bracket racer

Staff writer, FSC

www.fquick.com/Villain281H

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open."

Yes it was Bob posting, didn't check to see what account the computer was logged in to. Some funny stuff here, and being under Sue's account i didn't get any emails from responces. I only put the comment of the muffler cause Dallas mentioned about having being next to noisy neighbors with their generators. I who try and park away from everyone like i did at St Louis, because i don't even like listening to my own generator, if i can find power somewhere i don't care how far away it is! but being down there and right next to the return road, at 7am having racers drive their loud car very close to where my head was resting, as i cherish my sleep. seem to be a lot of non muffled cars passing by, but when you comment about noise in your pit and then want to run a car without mufflers, it is kind of funny! that all!
    Bob Curran - www.bobcurranracing.com - Email Me

2002 NMCA EZ Street World Champion
    2003 NMCA Sportsman of the Year
    2004 NMCA X/S World Champion ET Record Holder
    2005 NMCA X/S #3, ET Record Holder and Ambassador of the Year
    2008 NMCA X/S #6 - WSC 1 X/S Champion - GLD Jr. Dragster Track Champion Dad
    2013 NMCA X/S World Champion and Class Wrecker

Oh yeah next year we are starting a new tradition! i will be looking for the spot furthest away from the starting line and people, look for me at the top end!

Quote Originally Posted by texoutsider View Post
    Mufflers?..............why?.............for wimps and tree huggers.

Like Dave said...........muffler rule, no NSS.

and again, maybe nobody cares about NSS..HEY...let's have NHRA put mufflers on the fuelers...........

Folks, most of the experience is the sound, then the fury...........

Heath, wow, didn't you run an open exhaust class way back when you started?..............gettin' too frickin' big for yer britches? Corn dogs are my favorites.........corn pone is not.

and Sue, I agree with most of your posts and enjoy watching Bob race...........but we have a box of ear plugs coming your way.............Does Bob own a Harley?...........is it quiet?

Mark
    Mark, no Harley here, she won't let me have one!

Generators

Since I have one of the junkiest tow rigs in the pits, I still paid $200.+ for a pipe system to get the noise out of others face even with my generally quiet Onan. The price of the pipe was 10% the value of the motor home. I really love it when guys come in with their big new dually diesels and stick some TSC loud junk generator as far away from them and as close to you as possible and run it 24/7 whether they need it or not. I'll take a little open header music to this. At least it won't be 24/7.
    Jim N.

WTH is it with mufflers anyway? I attended my first (1st) NMCA event this weekend in Houston, What I found most annoying isn't the old cars with no mufflers, but the jackwipes with late model Mustangs revving them to 9,000 rpm in the pits like they are trying to prove something, second worse annoying is guys "testing" out the trans brakes in the pits, WTH? What if that thing lets go and you run over a dozen people or crash into someone?

Mufflers? I just don't get the muffler thing. Are there noise restrictions at some of the tracks you go to? I am an old fart and I remember the day when you drove around in your daily driver waiting for Saturday to come so you could drive to the track, UnCap the headers, and let her scream down the track.

had a nice time at the event though, I will definitely be back to Houston next year and would love to attend some others, but the 861 Mile minimum trip would probably be just to much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12