Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When should we expect 2011 rules

When should we expect 2011 rules

I was wondering when to expect rules this year?

The car finally made some good passes after a year from hell.

Thanks Mike Dez
    2005 NMCA Street Race Champ
    2005 ET&MPH Record Holder
    9.08 @150mph
    Thanks to Procharger, Lapointe Race Engines, Dynamic Convertors, Bassani Xhaust, and DMC Racing
    www.DezRacing.net
    1-508-336-6588

They usually come out about Jan or Feb. But they act like they are going to try and get them finalized much earlier this year. (I hope so)

Blog Entries
    Yes it seemed odd to me that deadline for requests came so quick so maybe they will be out about the same time as the schedule
    2014 Return stifled
    2013 Car sold, trailer sold, truck sold...just a fan now
    2012 Retirement?
    2011 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion! Back-to-Back
    2010 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion!
    2009 Memphis LSX Shootout Rumble Winna!
    2008 Atco LSX Showdown Winna!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dez View Post
    I was wondering when to expect rules this year?

The car finally made some good passes after a year from hell.

Thanks Mike Dez
    It was Hell but, in the end(postseason) we did allright!
    NMRA REN #2112
    cogiej@hotmail.com
    Visit My friends at www.Dezracing.net

You know you want to tell us what it ran. Let's here it.....You got something for Fratena??

We do not have a damn thing for the Turbo other than a rules request.

In -500 ft of air, on our home track, with Brian Machie driving(I am still down and out from surgery) we ran a competitive 1/8 mile run for the class. a 69 at 124, it just felt so good to have a running car again, this summer was one of the worst for breakage ever.

We have a local x275 class that just got going up here, I am hoping they start a "UPR Real Street 275" class like the one that was run recently in the Mid Atlantic area.
    I noticed that you florida guys ran a series like this a couple seasons ago? Is that class still running, do you use it to test?
    Here is the link I am talking about http://www.floridarealstreet.com/Driver_Profiles.html
    NMRA REN #2112
    cogiej@hotmail.com

Sounds like it's all coming together. 5.69 is a good hit on race day, especially if it starts with a decent light. Our local 275 real street class runs 5.teens and 20's. Too fast for my little combo.

Thanks, our local guys are on their 3rd race ever and are in the 30's. Soon to be much faster from what some of the local NMRA/NMCA guys are saying. I hope our local track adopts the NMCA SR rules or similar for a limited 275 class, I'd bet we could have a big showing at the Grove.

Now back to the topic......anyone have a little birdy tell them what the goal is for the preliminary rules release?
    NMRA REN #2112
    cogiej@hotmail.com

I just noticed over on the NMRA side a couple of classes have just had their prelim's posted, I think that is great!
    I hope it is an indication that maybe ours are not too far away.
    Just an FYI.
    NMRA REN #2112
    cogiej@hotmail.com

do you guys think there is a demand for a class like the 275 just for little slower combos? all the 275 stuff currently is now 4.80s-5.teens and steadily going faster
    Jeff @ Performance Specialties, Inc.
    Glen Burnie, Md

Blog Entries
    Jeff isn't that Street Radial? They run mid-high 8's

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    do you guys think there is a demand for a class like the 275 just for little slower combos? all the 275 stuff currently is now 4.80s-5.teens and steadily going faster
    First of all thanks to BFG for sponsoring the class.
    This is just my opinion, I think the car count may increase a little if the class is not limited to a BFG. A lot of people are not interested in learning the BFG tire. The question was brought up one time with our local racers down south "how many are interested in running a BFG" out of 20 guys no one was interested except Chet and I. So to answer your question Jeff, I think allowing any 275 should help the car count.

Back to the topic and my thoughts. I hope they keep the small power adders and go back to what it originally was. 72MM Turbo, D1, and 94jet. Those three power adders are straight up fair when comes to how much horsepower they can make. The rest can be done with weight. If you open the tire rules to any make and allow some minor motor changes a few more cars may show.

Here is what I want to know. How many new guys are serious about racing next year? Regardless of what the rules will be. How many of you are serious? Because the NMCA makes minor rule changes every year in hopes of picking up more cars and then the guys that complain the most still don't show up. Who is going to come out to take down the bad boys of street radial. Finally, how many of you Bad Boys are coming back? In no particular order, here you are.

Mike Fratena
    Tim Hendricks
    Jay Canella
    Scott Carter
    Health Shemwell
    Jessie Coulter
    Dave Ginter
    Jim Coger
    Jason Hoots (for ZMAX only )

Post up fella's
    Last edited by Brad 306; 10-26-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Last season we were supposed to run every event from the Grove on after, but as you know it was the summer of hell and we missed all the events except the grove.

I'd love to say I'll make most of the events but with twin Girls due in January and the new cost of daycare etc. I'll be lucky to make 1-2 events.

With that said if we can land a sponsor for travel, I'd be at more events in a heartbeat.
    NMRA REN #2112
    cogiej@hotmail.com

Brad, I'm with you the tire is a major problem. Jim and I don't care but I can tell you most guys aren't interested in running a BFG. If time permits I'll bring the car to a few races myself.

I'd also like to see solid roller lifters, no one runs hydraulic lifters in the 8's except for here and Renegade. Keep the lift rule the same, just change the lifters.

Thanks Mike Dez
    2005 NMCA Street Race Champ
    2005 ET&MPH Record Holder
    9.08 @150mph
    Thanks to Procharger, Lapointe Race Engines, Dynamic Convertors, Bassani Xhaust, and DMC Racing
    www.DezRacing.net
    1-508-336-6588

So long as they keep putting Beer in a Can I'll be There! I don't care what the rules are, just so long as I can race someone a keep beating my head on the wall!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast