Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: When should we expect 2011 rules

It does suck that SR went away, but when the car counts I think are going to be full field in the new Radial class it makes business sense to do it. There are huge amounts of 275 cars being built across the country. As long as the rules are close to some other series you will see 16 car fields at NMCA events in this class. I don't think this will be a 7.50 class either. I think it will be closer to a consistant 7.8-8.0 class. It is not an X275 class due to the rules and weights. I think that if 1/8 mile indicators are anything you will see consistant 7.8-8.0 not 7.50's like everyone is freaking out about. It will also come down to payouts. This is not going to be a biggest wallet class like some others. I hope to be out in the next few years to race this class.

While it may make some iota of business sense, what would make more sense would be to meld Xtreme Street and their version of 275 radial together. the 275 radial cars are going to be a hair faster than the Xtreme street guys, at least the ones with their stuff together - leaving a performance gap from 9.90s to 7.80s, thats a helluva gap.

What would made the most sense to me, would be to broaden the SR rules, and make it the little brother to X275, that way you dont LOSE any of your current SR guys, and you pick up others in that ET bracket. And alot more 8.50+ cars laying around to make a prospective class out of than there is sub 8.0 car

Write in rules for RWD V6 stuff, and pull from the GN series of races, hell let in the Supras to, its a muscle car from another shore, but the same idea as all the stuff we race, right wheel drive, lots of power. Im pretty sure I could pull in 3-4 new racers immediately. The problem with the class as Ive seen (and experienced it) is an average racer isnt going to buy some BFGs to come race when you guys are in town or nearby for a weekend or two, It should be something that kinda fits the cars that are actually at the racetrack. Guess what, no one run BFG drag radials at the racetrack anymore unless forced to, that sponsorship in my opinion, had a hand in killing the class. Do we have to go kick Mickey or Hoosier in the shins at PRI to get it opened up a bit?

If the NMCA doesnt do it, maybe the racers will just like John Sears did with the X275 stuff, and want in later
    Last edited by GrannySShifting; 12-07-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Jeff @ Performance Specialties, Inc.
    Glen Burnie, Md

Quote Originally Posted by Stangman98 View Post
    It is not an X275 class due to the rules and weights. I think that if 1/8 mile indicators are anything you will see consistant 7.8-8.0 not 7.50's like everyone is freaking out about. It will also come down to payouts. This is not going to be a biggest wallet class like some others. I hope to be out in the next few years to race this class.
    The only thing that would make it slower is no canted valve heads right? Boost car weights arent changed much I didnt think

The X275 guys have already went 7.60s almost first time everyone ran em out the back door
    Glen Burnie, Md

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    the 275 radial cars are going to be a hair faster than the Xtreme street guys, at least the ones with their stuff together - leaving a performance gap from 9.90s to 7.80s, thats a helluva gap.
    This is what concerns me the most.

The gap will be 2 or more seconds?
    Most Mean Street guys run right around 10.00.
    Only a few scratch the 9's. Maybe it will be quicker in 2011?
    This new 275 class will be 7.80 at a minimum.

I have posted in other places, asking if there is a new class coming?
    A power adder class that is slower than 8.50 and will stay slower than 8.50.
    Shooting for say a 9.00 et. Small shots, small blowers amd small turbos.
    Run any 26" tire, Slick or DR just like the Outlaw 8.50 guy's do from the South & West.
    If the class starts to get too quick...throw 100 lbs at them.
    Keep the rules for 3 or more years.

Current SR guys can tune down/modify their cars accordingly and new guys could jump in.

No one has responded???

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    This is what concerns me the most.

The gap will be 2 or more seconds?
    Most Mean Street guys run right around 10.00.
    Only a few scratch the 9's. Maybe it will be quicker in 2011?
    This new 275 class will be 7.80 at a minimum.

I have posted in other places, asking if there is a new class coming?
    A power adder class that is slower than 8.50 and will stay slower than 8.50.
    Shooting for say a 9.00 et. Small shots, small blowers amd small turbos.
    Run any 26" tire, Slick or DR just like the Outlaw 8.50 guy's do from the South & West.
    If the class starts to get too quick...throw 100 lbs at them.
    Keep the rules for 3 or more years.

Current SR guys can tune down/modify their cars accordingly and new guys could jump in.

No one has responded???
    I like your ideas Anonymous.
    I started collecting parts to build a street radial car, I am glad I wasn't in too deep. I feel sorry for the guys who have supported SR for the last few years.
    I sincerely hope the NMCA has an idea for another class but I think the chances are slim.
    Maybe it is time to suck it up and build a 275 car...

LM EFI 11006

Canuck where do you race at?
    Glen Burnie, Md

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckSS View Post
    I started collecting parts to build a street radial car, I am glad I wasn't in too deep.
    I feel sorry for the guys who have supported SR for the last few years.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckSS View Post
    Maybe it is time to suck it up and build a 275 car...
    I have been looking at this for a long time.
    You essentially need to build a 25.3 car if you ask me.
    At that point it is just too expensive.
    I have been pricing them out.
    Most of these 275 cars are heavy for race cars and 25.3 is good to 3,600 lbs and 6.50.
    No we won't be going that fast and no we won't be that heavy.
    But lets face it, you are talking about a 7.50 car at say 3400 lbs.
    The other certs can't cover that.
    Plus with a 25.3 you have resale value and room to grow into the car if you decide to step it up at some point in time.
    You know, these rules and classes change all the time...

They need a class with rules like the UPR sponsored "Civil Wars" that exists.

Google it. I have read about it on YellowBullet a few times.

John Sears is trying to develop a class with the same rules too, to go along with his X275.
    It's like a Junior 275 DR, a lot slower than 8.50, I can tell you that.

Canuck where do you race at?
    I guess I would consider Toronto Motorsports Park my home track. Last year I raced at Milan, Route 66, and Zmax with the NMCA in the LM EFI class.
    Last edited by CanuckSS; 12-08-2010 at 04:10 PM.

LM EFI 11006

Love it,Sorry guys but sounds like a hell of a good time to me.
    2006 S/R world champion
    2006 World Record E.T. and mph
    9.08@151.4
    Winner Superbowl Joliet IL 2006
    Winner Atlanta 2006
    Winner Memphis 2006
    Winner Ohio 2007
    Winner Superbowl Joliet IL 2007
    2007 World record E.T. 9.014@152.80 Till mike shattered it with 8.99

THANK GOD I QUIT WITH SOME DIGNITY LEFT

New Setup 7.51@194.78 on radials and a 94 mm

Quote Originally Posted by turbocar6040 View Post
    Love it, Sorry guys but sounds like a hell of a good time to me.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I think we all like the 275 DR class.
    I have been following it since its inception.
    Its a great class, just not for everyone.

I just think there needs to be another class between 275 DR and Mean Street. (And don't say there is, its called Extreme Street)

Quote Originally Posted by Heath Shemwell View Post
    Dear NMCA,

Thanks for telling all the long time racers of the class that you were going to Kill our class. First, you let an unproven turbo combo race in 2010,then lead everyone believe that we will have a class to race in come 2011, then leave us all with a combo that is no good for nothing!!! I just hope you pay the X275 plenty cause they race for big money. If not, they won't show up. My problem is that I am to dumb to quit. I'll spend my Money, step up and run XS. Lots cheaper then running X275. Should be a Good class if you pay the money to get the cars there. My next post will be in the XS fourm. Thanks Alot!!!
    Dear Heath,
    We tried to contact you on this issue,but you seemed to be heavily intoxicated a nd had some short old guy bent over the back of his biscayne yelling somthing about his daddy.Anyways we figured you might want to step back into NMC to generate the funds to finish any incomplete construction projects you might have.
    Please be advised,the true reason for shutting down SR was to allow Mr. Coulter to be able to leave his engine together for more than a three day period without a complete teardown.

Yours truly, NMCA

Quote Originally Posted by ratfurracing View Post
    Dear Heath,
    We tried to contact you on this issue,but you seemed to be heavily intoxicated a nd had some short old guy bent over the back of his biscayne yelling somthing about his daddy.Anyways we figured you might want to step back into NMC to generate the funds to finish any incomplete construction projects you might have.
    Please be advised,the true reason for shutting down SR was to allow Mr. Coulter to be able to leave his engine together for more than a three day period without a complete teardown.

Yours truly, NMCA

Thats just wrong!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ratfurracing View Post
    Dear Heath,

Yours truly, NMCA

Wow!
    Crime Engineering
    R & S Racing
    GWT Engineering

The only thing that would make it slower is no canted valve heads right? Boost car weights arent changed much I didnt think

The X275 guys have already went 7.60s almost first time everyone ran em out the back door
    Your correct! No canted valve heads but it looks like its legal in NMRA though.
    ZOOPHIS KHAN!!
    XS 4440
    REGULATOR RACING!!
    ZOOPHIS KHAN:MONGOL MADMAN
    Thanks to My Dad and Mom, Ron Sharp., Procharger, ROUSH Competition Engines,Dynamic Racing Transmission, Neal Chance Converters, Diamond Pistons, Mike Naber Welding and special thanks to Billy at Gilsbach Racecraft.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast