Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: When should we expect 2011 rules

Quote Originally Posted by turbocar6040 View Post
    Love it,Sorry guys but sounds like a hell of a good time to me.
    Sounds like a good time to me too, unfortunately, I think 70% of the guys here that could race SR, cant afford to race x275. For every 1 person that can build even a SEMI competitive x275 car, there are 6-7 Im sure that just cant afford to build one. And for every one of those people that can build a 275 car, majority cant travel with them. The X275 races have succeeded because of the locals are there as a garunteed lane filler, and when they do travel its usually only to the $15,000 payout races. I can garuntee 98% of the guys from around here wouldnt have made the 7 hour trip to the GA races if they were $1000 to win. And 7 hours is the shortest trip to make it to an NMCA race

There will be one 275 race with a very full field though, itll be MIR banking on the existing local 275 population. Hope its worth pulling the rug out from under the guys that have been donating money to SR over the years though.
    Jeff @ Performance Specialties, Inc.
    Glen Burnie, Md

275 radial rules

I agree with Brad 306. The rules should remain the same as the old Street radial class. Not the Outlaw 275X rules and that is what these are. I believe all tires of that size should be allowed. Not allowing sponsered products to dictate the rules. These 275X cars are way too fast. I was thinking of running in Street radial this year because the car count was so low last year. But now the 2011 rules put me out. I like to go fast but there is a limit. Need to keep the budget racer in mind. Kooks isn't requiring Pro Street to use there product.

Norman Crane

Google 275RS (stands for real street and it's sponsored by UPR )and you will find some information on a class that is getting very popular near North and South Carolina. They have the same power adders limitations as we had in SR. It's like a sister class to the X275 and I hope it keeps growing. I'm going to attend two of the races this year and see what else inspires. I really enjoyed racing with the NMCA the four years and I hope they will look into a class such as this 275RS for 2012. If and when they do I will be ready with a fresh motor and this bad ass D1.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 306 View Post
    Google 275RS (stands for real street and it's sponsored by UPR )and you will find some information on a class that is getting very popular near North and South Carolina. They have the same power adders limitations as we had in SR. It's like a sister class to the X275 and I hope it keeps growing. I'm going to attend two of the races this year and see what else inspires. I really enjoyed racing with the NMCA the four years and I hope they will look into a class such as this 275RS for 2012. If and when they do I will be ready with a fresh motor and this bad ass D1.
    You sound rather confident that the NMCA might start this class. Do you know something we don't know? Or are you just hopefull like some of the rest of us?

It would be nice if the NMCA could give us a heads up and let us know if this is even a slight possibility...

I suppose it might depend on how the car counts are in X275.

LM EFI 11006

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckSS View Post
    Do you know something we don't know?

No he don't. I wish he did. This is a class he has found on the www.yellowbullet.com a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckSS View Post
    You sound rather confident that the NMCA might start this class. Do you know something we don't know? Or are you just hopefull like some of the rest of us?

It would be nice if the NMCA could give us a heads up and let us know if this is even a slight possibility...

I suppose it might depend on how the car counts are in X275.
    I'm hoping that in 2012 they come up with a class for us guys that want to stay in the 8:50 -9:00 range. I think there are plenty of cars out there that want to compete in this ET range. Maybe if enough people would talk about it they would look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 306 View Post
    I am all over this class, been following it for a couple years now.
    They race these rules right in Florida Brad, in the KOTS races.
    Also in Virginia at the Civil Wars.
    Just go to www.NDRRA.com

Read all about it.

FYI - NMCAJeff already knows about these classes, he is up on what is going on around the country. You are not telling him anything new.

You all need to lobby to Charlie and go through the proper channels.
    Get a poll going and see how much support you can conger up?

4 Years and a ton of $$ building a car for a class that constantly got faster. I remember being told by many when I started building my motor that I was crazy building a bullet with such restrictions,,,but I thought that on my budget, it was a class and a e.t. that I could afford. (?)

Now the rug gets pulled out from under all the racers that have supported the class ( I know, I never raced...cause I kept having to change stuff every year) and life came up. BUT, now there is no class for 8.50 - 9.00 cars in NMCA! Like others have stated, NMCA is following the bucks...just like the government...I guess ya can't blame them.

Unfortunatly, once again, the little guys get squeezed out of the picture and ends up running brackets in their backyards. Perhaps the NMCA failed to take into account the US economy sucked, sucks and...is still sucking. Surely I can't be the only prospective racer out here that has been building a car for this class? Paying my membership dues and paying to reserve a number for 4 years in the hope that this would be the year? for a class that has gotten faster each year despite the rules imposed.

Inevitably, the NMCA must do what is best for their financial well being. I'm sure selling a NMCA event to a track owner entails some wheeling and dealing and has to guarantee some car counts. In the end, I hope they get the car count up like they want. Could it have been accompished by making some reasonable rule changes as had been suggested by the racers (Yes, even the one's who were out there all the time)? Probably....but it seems we will never know.

In the end, it looks like I got a very expensive lesson in building a race car and buying 50K worth of truck, trailer, golf cart, generator etc, to go along with it. The really Sh*tty part of all of this.... I couldn't wait to hang out with the experienced players in this class and enjoy a couple of beers with Mac, Sher & all of Chet's gang, the Shemwell's, and the Fratena crowd.

Anyone wanna buy a 365 ci LS1 with a small hydralic cam, teeny ass heads, and a little D1? Hey, it also comes with two sets of I/C piping for multiple mounting locations (insert smile here) which would be funny...but it ain't cause it's expensive as hell to re-do stuff over and over.

What a huge let down.

P.S. Chet... I wouldn't have called me back either!
    Last edited by K9Kev; 01-27-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Cause I needed to vent more
    02 WS6 Trans Am - A.K.A. Super Trooper

" People are alot like slinky's.....boring until you push them down the stairs...then they're fun to watch".

Quote Originally Posted by K9Kev View Post
    In the end, it looks like I got a very expensive lesson in building a race car and buying 50K worth of truck, trailer, golf cart, generator etc, to go along with it.
    Anyone wanna buy a 365 ci LS1 with a small hydralic cam, teeny ass heads, and a little D1? Hey, it also comes with two sets of I/C piping for multiple mounting locations (insert smile here) which would be funny...but it ain't cause it's expensive as hell to re-do stuff over and over.
    K9, I feel your frustration because I am in a similar boat.
    But if this makes you feel any better...
    As I am sure you know, the truck, trailer, golf cart, generator etc, are not class specific items, so there is no loss to you there.

I love the fact that you were coming out with a LSx combo. (like me)
    A 365 ci LS1 is perfect for a forced induction application for a limited class.
    Any bigger and a D1 or 76mm wouldn't work very well.
    Plus the head gaskets hold a little better, with the smaller bore and 4 bolt heads.
    If it was built correctly everything on your engine should be reusable less the cam.
    You could port those 243 heads to work decent (they have a good combustion chamber) or just dump them and go with a set of Mast's.
    (I know, more money)

The D1 may not be an F1, but there are plenty of limited classes out there you could race in with it. You usually get a weight break.

I was going to build the exact same combo for my C5 ZO6 for Street Radial.

You should look at Real Street in the new LSX Challenge Series, put on by the NMCA.
    That might be right up your alley.

I am staying with the 427 & N2O and bailed on the D1 since Street Radial got killed. (saving me a lot of money)
    I planned on racing Real Street in the new LSX Challenge Series, but I am waiting for a verdict from the NMCA, before I can make the commitment.

I would still like to see the NMCA come out with another limited Power Adder class.
    But with rules closer to UPR Real Street as I stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I would still like to see the NMCA come out with another limited Power Adder class.
    But with rules closer to UPR Real Street as I stated above.
    I'm with you but I really wonder if the NMCA folks listen to the racers or, if they only do what will make the bottom line better. Like I said, there have been several suggestions and submissions made by members that would have helped the class out but nothing ever really came of it.

I called Chet the other day cause he is such a good thinker in all this stuff. He must have heard the frustration in my voice cause he hasn't gotten back to me to let me pick his brain. This was my first venture into organized racing and I figured if there was a way to configure my car for any other class(es) that Chet would be the guy to ask.

My main problem is determining if I'm gonna grab a bigger cam and set of heads and do some mods to the interior but the, if NMCA came up with a power adder class that was a little slower....would I have to take everything apart again??? I had a 25.2 chassis built to cert to 6.0 but I stuck the factory dash, column, door panels, etc, back in it so I'm kinda in the middle again. If I mod the firewall and set up my I/C and everything the way I reaally wanted to, the car wouldn't fit into a class like the 'original' NMCA S/R. It would be fine for alot of the Texas True 10.5 stuff but then, likely not go back into a moderate NMCA class.

I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.

" People are alot like slinky's.....boring until you push them down the stairs...then they're fun to watch".

Tried to call you back twice. Left you a message. Guess you didn't get it. Calling you again right now.

Hey Chet,

Sorry about that. I keep missing your calls.

Between my goofy schedule, the Superbowl and of course...the beautiful weather in Dallas this week.... well, it just didn't work out.

I'll try callin you again this week.

Thanks,

Kev

Wow,I dont get on this very often and just heard the rules change,I was planning on going to Bradenton in 2011,but I guess not.The 275X class sounds a little to fast and pricey.To Bad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456