Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumble and 5th Gen rules adjustment

Rumble and 5th Gen rules adjustment

Following the NMCA LSX Shootout in Bradenton Fl, the following changes are being made to the remaining LSX Challenge Events in Georgia, Kentucky, and Indy. The Qualifying and Eliminations sections for the LSX Rumble and 5th Gen Camaro are being updated to simplify them to mirror what they have been in the past at the NMCA World Finals LSX Shootout events.
    With this format it gives the competitor more opportunities to time trial, run 2 classes, and have fun with other LSX enthusiasts without the pressure of qualifying. By going back to this format it will give competitors the ability to purchase a True Street tech card and run that class as well as the LSX Rumble OR 5th Gen Camaro.

TIME TRIALS
    For all LSX Rumble and 5th Gen Camaro participants there will be 3 scheduled time trials that will run in conjunction with NMCA Heads up classes. During the 3rd time trial session you will be asked to declare your index that you will run under during eliminations on Sunday. Once a personal index is claimed it will not be allowed to change for the remainder of the event. LSX Rumble and 5th Gen Camaro participants are allowed to participate with the Bracket and True Street time trial sessions as well.

QUALIFYING \ ELIMINATIONS
    The LSX Rumble and 5th Gen Camaro classes will be an all run class. Vehicles will be randomly paired for the first round of eliminations. In the second round of eliminations vehicles will be placed on a ladder according to positive elapsed time (et) closest to the drivers claimed index. Qualifying points will be awarded to the first round winners. Any negative (et) runs made faster than the drivers personal index will be placed at the bottom of the qualifying ladder, the more negative or faster the (et), the farther down the ladder the run will be placed. For cases in which identical elapsed time packages are made, qualifying position will be based on a first-come first served: the first occurring (et) package will be placed #1, the second occurrence of said (et) packages will be placed #2, and so on. Class will be laddered according to qualifying positions following the first round, and then advance thru eliminations.

LADDER TYPE
    All Run, NHRA Sportsman Ladder, Pro .500 Tree, Handicap Start.

Sounds good to me, mainly because it simplifies the thought process for my aging mind. Please take it easy on the old man and don't embarass me.

With this format it gives the competitor more opportunities to time trial, run 2 classes, and have fun with other LSX enthusiasts without the pressure of qualifying

This actually defines for example: A LSX car can run True Street with same car but can not run LM/EFI with same car. Is this correct or can I run both LSX and LM/EFI ???

Edit I guess I better include will the eliminations be structured whereby I can actually run LM/EFI and prudently run LSX during eliminations. I think a competitor at Z max last year was running True Street and missed the call for LM/EFI.

I apologize if this has already been adressed.
    Last edited by NMC-1; 04-01-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Smile

The one car one class rule still applies for classes that use qualifying to establish a field for eliminations. You can run True Street when it is offered on Sat with an EFI car or any car that fits the rules for True Street. As long as you finish true street first before you enter EFI, OC, or another heads up class that uses qualifying. Once True Street is done you can enter the 3rd qualifier (at most races if time allows) of the class of your choice as long as you meet all the rules of that class.

A racer in SST, LSX Rumble, and 5th Gen Camaro classes can run time trials with the brackets, their individual class, and True Street. The reason for this is that they are a non qualified field and the time trial availability is open to everyone in the class.

Now as far as running True Street and another heads up class you can but you canít. At races that run the True Street on Saturday you can compete in TS on Sat and then run in Eliminations in another class on Sun. if it is EFI or OC you must qualify on Sat once True Street is complete. If it is SST, LSX Rumble, or 5th Gen Camaro you just need to show up for first round since it is a random paired first round. In the event that the True Street eliminations are on Sunday you cannot run in both because they will overlap in eliminations and you cannot run the same car in 2 classes on the same day.

Clear as Mud?

Blog Entries
    And bottomline Bobby, we still cannot run LM/EFI and LSX in any scenario and that applies to the about dozen or so of us that would do it if allowed.

But I guess I could ( the way LSX qualifying is now simply exactly like SST of NMRA) run True Street on Saturday and then run LSX Sunday morning. If this is correct, I like that since Saturday's would now mean something as more than time trials.

Now all the above won't work at least at Atlanta since true street eliminations is on Sunday as well as LSX. So after all that LSX OR True Street is all ANYONE can run at Atlanta. Correct ?

Now last month at Bradenton I could have ( if LSX qualfying was in current order) could have ran True Street ( Sat eliminations and LSX Sunday Eliminations) Correct
    Last edited by Trey Capps; 04-01-2011 at 03:00 PM.

yes

Correct
    Correct

Good golly Miss Molly I think I 've got it. Edgar if what you say above is correct than there should be at least forty cars in NMCA LM/EFI at Bowling Green since the NMCA event will be tune up for LSX Holley fest.

Quote Originally Posted by NMC-1 View Post
    But I guess I could ( the way LSX qualifying is now simply exactly like SST of NMRA) run True Street on Saturday and then run LSX Sunday morning. If this is correct, I like that since Saturday's would now mean something as more than time trials.

Now all the above won't work at least at Atlanta since true street eliminations is on Sunday as well as LSX. So after all that LSX OR True Street is all ANYONE can run at Atlanta. Correct ?

Now last month at Bradenton I could have ( if LSX qualfying was in current order) could have ran True Street ( Sat eliminations and LSX Sunday Eliminations) Correct
    Clarification - Bobby is Correct and Correct

Blog Entries
    Well just through a monkey wrench in this thing....isn't first round for all at Atlanta on Saturday? thus opening up for a first round loser on Saturday to enter True Street on Sunday?
    2014 Return stifled
    2013 Car sold, trailer sold, truck sold...just a fan now
    2012 Retirement?
    2011 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion! Back-to-Back
    2010 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion!
    2009 Memphis LSX Shootout Rumble Winna!
    2008 Atco LSX Showdown Winna!

Well how about that sports fans. Edgar you got it goin on.

Blog Entries
    Well Bobby, ever since you introduced me to that EA band....I am sharp as a tack!!!

Are you wearing it everyday ?

more monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by REDGAR View Post
    Well just through a monkey wrench in this thing....isn't first round for all at Atlanta on Saturday? thus opening up for a first round loser on Saturday to enter True Street on Sunday?
    yes, and another wrench is, if we run EFI first and you lose, you can go buy into LSX Rumble if the run order allows.

Blog Entries
    bobby yes i am wearing it every day!

Trey, the key (new) question, which I think you confirmed, is whether LSX is running first round Friday night because my guess is the non-NMCA regulars, thus all LSX racers, have no clue they are running first round on Saturday. Need to be sure on this one cause if it is going to be Saturday we need to let those guys know cause we just released updates that do not hint at that at all.

With all due respect, if that is the case, I would like to see you, NMCA official, post on LS1tech so that folks know it will be Saturday not Sunday for elims.

This is going to be quite confusing.
    2014 Return stifled
    2013 Car sold, trailer sold, truck sold...just a fan now
    2012 Retirement?
    2011 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion! Back-to-Back
    2010 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion!
    2009 Memphis LSX Shootout Rumble Winna!
    2008 Atco LSX Showdown Winna!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast