Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holley Fest Points Race

Thanks for the kind words Bobby. Foregive Trey he had a mess trying to figure out points do to the tech cards having a different number on them. The marketing company doing the event did not understand the points issue with car numbers for the NMCA LSX Challenge racers. One of the few things that was out of our control.
    JEFF CONLEY
    Operations Manager Lucas Oil Raceway
    www.lsxracers.com

9 out of 10 times if you have to ask if it's legal...............it's probably not!

Quote Originally Posted by nmcajeff View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Bobby. Foregive Trey he had a mess trying to figure out points .
    OooooKkkk If you say sooooo

Quote Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE View Post
    Where can I find the qualifying points for each event?

Thanks
    Rob ,

Will this help ?

http://www.nmcadigital.com/points/2011NMCApoints.pdf

Wink Qualifying points

It is kinda humorous and ironic that the LSX qualifying points for Rumble class ACTUALLY reflect and support the following statement. Much the same as Super Stang in NMRA.

Statement:

The LOWER the qualifying point total for a particular 1st round winner the MORE the racer had the competition covered.

The HIGHER the point total the LESS the racer had the competion covered at finish. Close race !

It seems the qualifying points actually penalize cutting good lights over the competition. I mean why take a chance on breaking out ?

Just observation and nothing more. Do you agree or disagree?

Blog Entries
    Come back to EFI if you want qualifying points

Quote Originally Posted by REDGAR View Post
    Come back to EFI if you want qualifying points
    Yea I love the EFI qualifying setup. However, I like the Super Stang racer rules for cars. It is a true footbrake class without ANY electronics for old people like me.

LM/EFI and LSX makes it hard on the entry level footbrake cars without any starting line electronics.

I am going back to SST next year I think with LM/EFI as a side stroke

LSX too tough for me. Those guys are pros and too much for me. This does not mean SST is any easier by any suggestion however it is what it is. All participants are running the same (leave the line setup on footbrake only). If I am not mistaken and nothing has changed.

This only compliments NMCA/NMRA when one has abundant classes to choose from. Plus the best I have ever done in SST is 3rd. I won a couple of races including Ford World Finals in SST but I would like to try and do better.

Blog Entries
    I am guessing you are calling a two step electronics because we don't get transbrakes either in EFI. Footbrake only

Quote Originally Posted by REDGAR View Post
    I am guessing you are calling a two step electronics because we don't get transbrakes either in EFI. Footbrake only
    I don't think Super Stang allows a two step for controlling launch rpm. In fact I know they have not allowed a two step. Only starting line rev limiter for SST is pedal on floor for manual that is bouncing off factory rev limiter

The SST ( Super Stang) rules clearly state this is a footbrake only class no starting line aids period paraphrasing. Some time I think LM/EFI was changed to two steps to control starting line launch rpm. Maybe I am wrong it was always like that ?

But to answer your question if you are using a two step you are electronically controlling your launch RPM while some racer without a two step on the other hand is controlling his/her own launch rpm which humanly can't be as consistent as a electronic two step.

However, having said all that I would tend to agree that fast high stall convertor cars need a two step to compete with purely stock slower cars, but it does give a slight advantage to the two steps over completely footbrake only cars in my opinion. Am I correct ?

Bottom line I don't have a problem with two steps as long as they are not controlling a transbrake and button. I think the advantage for two steps only is so very slight.

Was the rules for LM/EFI changed ? If so have you seen a difference in those using a two step ? I would guess it is a good change if it closed the gap between really good footbrakers and those requiring a two step on high stall cars which as i said in my opinion a GOOD thing.

Thanks for the discussion I have been confused at the track since I thought LM/EFI was like SST a footbrake only class.

Blog Entries
    It is a play on words... Footbrake only means No Transbrake. So if no transbrake then we are all braking the car with our foot. Starting line rev limiters are obviously used with a transbrake as you are not putting it to the floor without one. However, footbrake classes are starting to allow the starting line revlimiters, usually only for manual cars but some, as LM/EFI now, allow it for the autos. While an auto can have it, the problem is it is difficult to use since you are footbraking, you really cannot set the limiter to say 4000 rpm cause your brakes won't hold it back without pushing through.

So the answer for this year's attendance? 1., don't think we have had very few manual cars race with us this year and 2. none of the circuit runners are manuals and far as I can tell, none of the autos are using it.

I had one in the car a couple years ago i was testing and took it out because with such a low rpm (car starts to push at 2500) made my car rock detracting foucs from the tree. Will try it again next year maybe.

As for two step being electronic, doesn't it cut fuel, and if we call that "electronics" how could you have a class called EFI, Electronic Fuel Injection and say two step is not legal?

Words is all they "is"

Thanks a little lesson in Two Step Electronics 101 . All along I thought Two Step electronics was dropping a flashlight battery in Robert Mayes back pocket but wait that would be Electronic Tennessee Two Step.

I guess we really hijacked this thread.

Indy

Rob, I was just thinking about you this morning after checking the excitement over on the NMRA board and the SST class racers.

I was thinking I bet you are getting pretty intense with the probability of adding to your racing resume!

I was really hoping to be right there with you but I was not much of a player this year. YOU pretty much took care of that in Atlanta LOL> . I think I am getting better with the Vette but NOT where I need to be to consistently compete with you guys.

Anyhow, I am excited for you Rob and it has been my pleasure and honor to race in the LSX class as it has and is most fun and competitive.

I hope we have a 120 Indy LSX Rumble racers which is not out of the question, I don't think.

Blog Entries
    Bobby, it is likely there will be that many but usually what happens is they do not all enter Rumble. Since NMCA gives you TS and Ruble for one tech card, a lot of folks enter TS and get credit for being Rumble attending and take the runs. I would plan on over 64 making round 1 so you should be planning for 7 rounds.

Thats great, I hope so.

Still in Columbus ??

Blog Entries
    Yup. Just got here with the rig. Will keep it parked till thrusday then it is only 4 hours from here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12