Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classes for NMCA West, YOUR input please.

Classes for NMCA West, YOUR input please.

These are the classes currently UNDER CONSIDERATION. These are not final, as we are looking for you, the racers, input. Preliminary Rules on each of these proposed classes to be announced soon.

1. Pro Street:
    2. True 10.5/315DR:
    3. X275 DR/28 10.5:
    4. Hot Street:
    5. Outlaw 8.5: 1/8 Mile
    6. Open Comp: (Pro Tree)
    7. Mustang Madness: (Pro Tree)
    8. Nostalgia Index: (1982 and older door cars, Format similar to NMCA's Nostalgia Muscle Car class, except on a Pro Tree)
    9. Super Quick: (B1) Quickest 64 Qualify. .500 full tree, W/electronics. Non qualifiers will be rolled into local bracket program.
    10. Quick Street: Same as above, but no electronics.
    Above classes will offer points/contingency.

11. True Street. Similar to NMCA TS rules.

I believe these are fairly self explanatory, however feel free to post/PM any questions and/or concerns.

#8. Nostalgia Index: might try "1978 and older door cars" to keep it really nostalgia.

Pretty good list. No Outlaw 10.5?
    Proshifted Jerry

Row 'em if you got 'em!

I will be there in Outlaw 8.5 for all 4 races and so will a lot of others. I think 1-5 and 11 will do very well. I don't pay much attention to the other classes, so I can't comment on them.

Mean Street

Someone say outlaw 8.5?

Sounds like fun!

Looking forward to being a part of the NMCA west campaign.
    Can you clarify the X275 DR/28 10.5 class - there are many versions of X275 out there and am trying to get an understanding of this class.

From an input standpoint there are 3 standards on the west coast that I see. My recommendation would be to pick one of them.

West Coast Hot Rod X275 - this is targeted at 1/8 mile racing and allows either Hoosier or MT tires. Record is 4.92.
    PRO's - this class fits very cleanly with the Outlaw 275 classes in Georgia and represents the fastest cars on 275 radial tires 1/8 mile racing.
    CON - this class has not been on the 1/4 mile and coud challenge certifications.
    Performance - I would expect this class to run in the very low 7 second range.

PSCA Wild Street - Historically focused on MT tires only and carries approx. 200lb weight addition to West Coast Hot Rod.
    PRO - this class has been running on the 1/4 mile.
    CON - unique set of rules that do not align with any other racing organizations.
    Performance - Cars running in the low 7.6 range.

SCSN Wild Street - Historically focused on MT tires only and compromises weight to approx. 100lbs over West Coast Hot Rod.
    PRO - makes an attempt to bring the 2 west coast series together for one race.
    CON - unique set of rules for one race.
    Performance - Cars running in the upper 7.5 range.

Recommendation - If the series wants cars to run Mid 7's on the 1/4 mile I would go with 2011 SCSN rule set as is. If targeting the lower 7's I would use WCHRA rules as is.

If the series is running 1/8 mile I would go WCHRA rules without change.

It seems to me the targets for each class would be:
    Pro Street - in the 5's and low 6's 1/4......and 1/8 in the 3's
    TT5 - in the 6's........1/8 in the low 4's
    X275 in the low 7's.......1/8 in the mid 4's

Personally I would perfer 1/8 mile racing!

sounds good to me we will be out there

wchra for me

a 10.5-10.9 index class would get me there...... without any of the silly electronics

Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    Looking forward to being a part of the NMCA west campaign.
    Can you clarify the X275 DR/28 10.5 class - there are many versions of X275 out there and am trying to get an understanding of this class.

From an input standpoint there are 3 standards on the west coast that I see. My recommendation would be to pick one of them.

West Coast Hot Rod X275 - this is targeted at 1/8 mile racing and allows either Hoosier or MT tires. Record is 4.92.
    PRO's - this class fits very cleanly with the Outlaw 275 classes in Georgia and represents the fastest cars on 275 radial tires 1/8 mile racing.
    CON - this class has not been on the 1/4 mile and coud challenge certifications.
    Performance - I would expect this class to run in the very low 7 second range.

PSCA Wild Street - Historically focused on MT tires only and carries approx. 200lb weight addition to West Coast Hot Rod.
    PRO - this class has been running on the 1/4 mile.
    CON - unique set of rules that do not align with any other racing organizations.
    Performance - Cars running in the low 7.6 range.

SCSN Wild Street - Historically focused on MT tires only and compromises weight to approx. 100lbs over West Coast Hot Rod.
    PRO - makes an attempt to bring the 2 west coast series together for one race.
    CON - unique set of rules for one race.
    Performance - Cars running in the upper 7.5 range.

Recommendation - If the series wants cars to run Mid 7's on the 1/4 mile I would go with 2011 SCSN rule set as is. If targeting the lower 7's I would use WCHRA rules as is.

If the series is running 1/8 mile I would go WCHRA rules without change.

It seems to me the targets for each class would be:
    Pro Street - in the 5's and low 6's 1/4......and 1/8 in the 3's
    TT5 - in the 6's........1/8 in the low 4's
    X275 in the low 7's.......1/8 in the mid 4's

Personally I would perfer 1/8 mile racing!

I agree with Jeff on all counts, and make 275vs28 1/8 mile

I am in on 275 or Outlaw 8.5 with our race car.

You know my vote is 1/8 mile for both.

classes

275 or 8.5 ... lets see the rules

1/4 mile...

I too like the WCHRA rules a little better because you can weigh less / it's not so hard on parts. BUT, I would like to run the 1/4! Combine the best of both worlds
    "Toaster" Twin Turbo SBC Nova

Wild Street winner at the West Coast Race! Got me a Wally!

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    I too like the WCHRA rules a little better because you can weigh less / it's not so hard on parts. BUT, I would like to run the 1/4! Combine the best of both worlds
    If your car ran good to the 1/8 you wouldn't wanna go out the back

Kelly

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast