Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classes for NMCA West, YOUR input please.

These are the rules for ortc

OUTLAW 275 VS 28-10.5
    (NO MINIMUM CAR COUNT REQUIRED)
    n/a SB 2400lbs
    n/a BB short deck conventional head 2800lbs
    n/a BB tall deck conventional head 2900lbs
    n/a BB short deck big chief 2900lbs
    n/a BB 10.2 tall deck big chief 3000lbs
    28 X 10.5 nonW slick or 275 drag radial
    Nitrous Small Block: 2650 lbs
    Nitrous Big Block (10.2 deck okay,: 3200 lbs add 150 lbs for Big Chief
    -75LBS FOR SINGLE CAST MANIFOLD BB

Add 50 lbs on all nitrous combos w/non stock suspension, must have stock frame rail
    Big Chief combos max 3 kits
    supercharged (SB only)- 2900lbs base weight with F1C or Ysi
    add 50lbs for F1R/Xi or
    add 100lbs for Z trim or =
    add 150lbs for F2R
    add 200 lbs for F3R (123 MAX)
    add 50lbs for non inline head
    deduct 50 lbs for non intercooled
    add 50lbs for non stock suspension; must have stock frame rail notch okay
    gear drive okay
    single turbo (SB only)- 3000lbs base weight with 80 mm
    single turbo (sb only) 3100 lbs base weight for any (101 or bigger that is being reduced )
    add 100lbs for bigger than 80 mm
    add 150lbs for 88 mm
    add 200lbs for 94 mm
    add 50lbs for non inline head
    deduct 50lbs for non intercooled
    add 50lbs for non stock suspension, must have stock frame rail - notch okay
    no weight break for tip to tip single turbo entry
    twin turbo's (SB only)- 3250lbs base weight max 67 mm
    -50 lbs for any tip to tip non reduced entry (twin turbo entry)
    add 50 lbs 70 mm
    add 150lbs 76 mm
    add 200 lbs 80 mm
    add 50 lbs for non-ss must have stock frame rail notch okay
    Leaf springs - 100#
    No wheelie bars
    Mufflers required on non turbo charged entries
    Progressives okay
    7531 okay
    Lexan okay
    Fiberglass okay
    Alcohol -Ok
    Auto Trans or Factory clutch type manual (clutch assisted okay)
    REDUCERS -OK
    NO DUAL POWER ADDERS

What I would like to see is a set of rules that is universal through the country. This way when a west coast racer goes out east we don't have to change the whole program to be competitive. This would work both ways of course. It would also make it easier to have races in the middle of the country ( Texas, Kansas) and allow more cars throughout to attend and be more competitive.

Ortc is quickly becoming the standard in radial racing. They have big car counts and the fields are competitive. With that being said they also run 1/8 mile and there may need to be some minor mods to the rules to accommodate for 1/4.

What we need everyone who is looking at running this series to look at rules throughout the country and give a non biased opinion on what they think is fair and would make this series great.

we race different sanctioned classes on the mid to east coast and they are very close, where we only have to move weight around for different sanctioned bodies...west coast style is a little different with lighter cars and more fiberglass...the real problem i see is the use of the tire...m/t ,hoosier or only one...the east coast guys will need a little more time on the mickey or if u race the mickey now you will be ok..the learning's curve on the one tire could be a factor for a while until we/they get a few passes on the other tire...and also who on the east is coming to cal. to race any way...i prefer a 1/4 mile race...
    Last edited by krold; 12-18-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    I too like the WCHRA rules a little better because you can weigh less / it's not so hard on parts. BUT, I would like to run the 1/4! Combine the best of both worlds
    are you talking 275 or outlaw 8.5

tim's outlaw 8.5 rules the weights are too high imho

I agree on the universal rule idea, but don't think this is likely. I think the goal should be that someone can move across the country with MINOR changes - weight only. Weight changes should not be bigger than +/-100lbs on these size tires. To heavy is a safety problem - especially on the quarter mile.

The WCHRA rules are almost dead on to ORTC for outlaw 275- I referred to "SGMP races" in my earlier posts which is ORTC.

PSCA rules are quite different - at least on turbo cars, as to the base turbo sizes and weight combos. Also turbos have to be custom to meet PSCA requirements. I have already gone down this path on one turbo.

I think the best way to leverage current race car investments and run on the 1/4 mile would be to run the SCSN rules used for 2011 unchanged. Unfortunately for people coming from the east coasts they will have to build custom turbos to maximize thier potentials in the current rule set.

Maximizing investments for both west and east would be accomplished by using WCHRA X275 rules and on the 1/4 mile this rule set would produce some impressive results. The weights and tire combinations would be pushing it but within acceptable safety limits from my perspective.

The ideal situation is to go for 1/8 mile racing and use WCHRA rules. These rules allow EVERY PSCA car and SCSN car to fit into the class. In addition the rules map almost identically with the ORTC SGMP rules used for the past 2 years in one of the biggest outlaw drag races in America.

It is my understanding that PSCA is committed to taking thier XDR class to 1/8 mile for 2012. I believe this was done to reduce the cost of racing, improve safety, and level the playing field within the class. This will likely be the path for the PSCA wild street class as well if not for 2012 most likely the following year.

My recommendation would be go 1/8 mile now! Use WCHRA rules and you have harmonized with ORTC. Virtually every PSCA wild street car fits automatically. Everyone can migrate to this venue and leverage EXISTING investments. What ever you do - please do it VERY SOON.

Sincerely a hopeful supporter of the new NMCA west racing series.

Quote Originally Posted by NMCAjames View Post
    are you talking 275 or outlaw 8.5

tim's outlaw 8.5 rules the weights are too high imho
    Talking about 275
    "Toaster" Twin Turbo SBC Nova

Wild Street winner at the West Coast Race! Got me a Wally!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Y View Post
    What I would like to see is a set of rules that is universal through the country. This way when a west coast racer goes out east we don't have to change the whole program to be competitive. This would work both ways of course. It would also make it easier to have races in the middle of the country ( Texas, Kansas) and allow more cars throughout to attend and be more competitive.

Ortc is quickly becoming the standard in radial racing. They have big car counts and the fields are competitive. With that being said they also run 1/8 mile and there may need to be some minor mods to the rules to accommodate for 1/4.

What we need everyone who is looking at running this series to look at rules throughout the country and give a non biased opinion on what they think is fair and would make this series great.
    X2 on this. I made the suggestion to the PSCA on this too, but Mel wasn't hearing it. Hopefully you guys can make it happen. As said in this thread the WCHRA rules are already right there...

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    Talking about 275
    Thats what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    I agree on the universal rule idea, but don't think this is likely. I think the goal should be that someone can move across the country with MINOR changes - weight only. Weight changes should not be bigger than +/-100lbs on these size tires. To heavy is a safety problem - especially on the quarter mile.

The WCHRA rules are almost dead on to ORTC for outlaw 275- I referred to "SGMP races" in my earlier posts which is ORTC.

PSCA rules are quite different - at least on turbo cars, as to the base turbo sizes and weight combos. Also turbos have to be custom to meet PSCA requirements. I have already gone down this path on one turbo.

I think the best way to leverage current race car investments and run on the 1/4 mile would be to run the SCSN rules used for 2011 unchanged. Unfortunately for people coming from the east coasts they will have to build custom turbos to maximize thier potentials in the current rule set.

Maximizing investments for both west and east would be accomplished by using WCHRA X275 rules and on the 1/4 mile this rule set would produce some impressive results. The weights and tire combinations would be pushing it but within acceptable safety limits from my perspective.

The ideal situation is to go for 1/8 mile racing and use WCHRA rules. These rules allow EVERY PSCA car and SCSN car to fit into the class. In addition the rules map almost identically with the ORTC SGMP rules used for the past 2 years in one of the biggest outlaw drag races in America.

It is my understanding that PSCA is committed to taking thier XDR class to 1/8 mile for 2012. I believe this was done to reduce the cost of racing, improve safety, and level the playing field within the class. This will likely be the path for the PSCA wild street class as well if not for 2012 most likely the following year.

My recommendation would be go 1/8 mile now! Use WCHRA rules and you have harmonized with ORTC. Virtually every PSCA wild street car fits automatically. Everyone can migrate to this venue and leverage EXISTING investments. What ever you do - please do it VERY SOON.

Sincerely a hopeful supporter of the new NMCA west racing series.
    This is what needs to happen! I've been saying this all along.

I don't see Outlaw 8.5 up there, but Pro Stock won't come up for me.

Where do you find out what tier your car fits into for body type weight reduction?

I believe that these rules are for NMCA east ( or I really hope) the classes and rules line up with what they have ran before.

The announcement is at the top of all categories not just the west coast.

It would be good to put in the header "NMCA East"

Yes, the rules posted are NMCA (East). The NMCA West rules are still being hammered out but should be up soon and will be labeled specifically NMCA West.

We want to thank all of you for your positive input, that is what this forum is all about. Based on this input we will compile a final rules package for all the FlowMaster NMCA West Series.

Gene NMCA West Series Director

I'm looking forward racing with NMCA full season in 275 radial class, like to see it run 1/4 mile.

As for the rules, it only makes sense to have it near/same as WCHRA and PSCA rules since most cars are racing thoese organizations.

Armen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast