Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 rules??????

2012 rules??????

Whats going on with the rules.........I emailed u trey and no responce.

are they the same as last year? or are they going back to the old rules and let anyone race

rules

They will not be going back to the old version.
    We are looking at 2 things in particular from the 2011 version of the rules:
    1. Full Size race or OEM Passenger seats required.
    2. No doing anything once you get back from the cruise. So every one has to ice and bottle up before you leave on the drive. Only thing you can do when you get back is let air out.

Either go balls out or limit them... Easiest way to "cap" the class is to make funny car type cages not allowed... Or make it so a Pro Mod that wants to drive 30 miles on street tires and go 3 back to backs is legal...

GMCRACER - 88 GTA maybe next on deck
    George Carey

Why u guys changing the rules to that????? Just put a CAP on the class. Your just KILLING the class!

This was based on a class when it first started so anyone can race and you guys are making a Strict version. Look at how the car count has gone down every year and its gonna get worse if you guys keep changing it. IF you guys are worried that people are going to chase the series make it a rule to where u can be a KING ONCE.

Quote Originally Posted by NMCA Trey View Post
    They will not be going back to the old version.
    We are looking at 2 things in particular from the 2011 version of the rules:
    1. Full Size race or OEM Passenger seats required.
    2. No doing anything once you get back from the cruise. So every one has to ice and bottle up before you leave on the drive. Only thing you can do when you get back is let air out.
    What I dont get is you can keep Bottle pressure in the heat and maintain it with a heater. ICE in the intercooler MELTS. Kinda of a BS move if u ask me.
    Last edited by Greg Zoetmulder; 12-24-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Think about it.How much is a car a "street car" when you have huge plumbing running thru the interior to the trunk or taking up the entire passenger area? I agree with what they're trying to do,but I think they should just come out and say "no water to air intercoolers",instead of trying to be vague about it by saying "full pass. seat",etc.And the nitrous heater comparison is weak.Can you really compare a nitrous heater to a water/air intercooler?

Quote Originally Posted by bykr View Post
    Think about it.How much is a car a "street car" when you have huge plumbing running thru the interior to the trunk or taking up the entire passenger area? I agree with what they're trying to do,but I think they should just come out and say "no water to air intercoolers",instead of trying to be vague about it by saying "full pass. seat",etc.And the nitrous heater comparison is weak.Can you really compare a nitrous heater to a water/air intercooler?
    What does plumbing have to do the interior Vs any plumbing in the car to make it work. Ive dont have any plumbing inside my car. All that Big Plumbing is NO Different than a Cage in a car that makes it look like a RACE CAR! Nitrous V Boost are both power adders compair to a NA motor. Maintaining the cooling system on a NA and power adders should be all the same. I go to these races to have a fun time becuase its a place to race
    Win or luz. Im not going to Cry so I can have an advantage.

They've said they want the real fast guys to go somewhere else.It wasn't really anyone crying,they are just going to try to force the issue with rule changes.

x2 on the have fun

((True Street))
    Class Description
    True Street is a racing class for mildly modified to heavy modified high performance
    street vehicles that are street certified and able to drive over a 30-mile distance. All model
    years and engine types and power adders permitted. Class is designed for stock-chassis
    vehicles running true 10.5-inch wide tires. Vehicles must be registered, licensed, and
    insured. )))

So what are they gonna say. No Caged cars, No Turbos, No Superchargers???
    Thats gonna be Ruleing out allota cars to where theres no more fun. Then whats the Purpose of AWARDING 9.0 to the 15.O Best ET????
    T

Well,say they make the rules where you and I can't compete.It will probably be alot more fun for guys with say 10 second cars because they're now one of the faster cars,so it's all relative.

Quote Originally Posted by bykr View Post
    Well,say they make the rules where you and I can't compete.It will probably be alot more fun for guys with say 10 second cars because they're now one of the faster cars,so it's all relative.
    My car is 100% Legal just find it funny how there going about it. Kinda been a joke the past few years.What I dont get is the adding water part between rounds. 10 sec and 9 sec guys dont stand a chance still with the other cars out there. Ive been 8.40s with a air to air on BONE STOCK Suspension . Im making a few hundo more and 500 pounds lighter. Tons of people are just pissed at these rule changes. reason why they have NO cars in there classes. People just cant afford to make changes for there silly rules. 3 Years ago they would pull inn 80-90 plus cars at SuperBowl. Whats the car count since they ruled out Ladder and 4 links.
    I rest my case.

Ive even heard from some employees of theres saying that there rule changes stink. Not gonna metion names.

Not trying to start anything here or badd blood. There good people. We all just would really like to see the class again like it was years ago.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast