Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outlaw 632 has 17 cars in Bradenton

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtnps View Post
    Not bad I put these rules together and we have been runining them since April 2009,We just had 17 cars
    at Bradenton.And with a bigger purse will bring more cars.If NMCA put our rules in,you would gain a ton
    of cars each race.I gaurantee you guys would have 25 plus cars your first race in bradenton.Something to
    think about.
    Nice runs Mike & congrats on the runner-up

just asking

Is this mainly run as an 1\8 mile class?

We have been running mainly at Sunshine which is a 1/8 mile track.One of the main reasons
    is the chassis certs for most of the cars.But with NPS all the cars running are up to spec for
    sub 7.50et.Much easier to police and makes for a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Outlaw 632 rules.....get it NMCA ???????????????
    X-2 Johnny NMCA your rules need HELP

Some of you guys crack me up.....

You bitch about how the rules keep changing. All I read on this thread is how you want things different again. The rules are somewhat close with the exception of what Mr. Lafferty has figured out on the nitrous side. Looks like a couple others have gone the way of his tuneup also this coming season. You can't have it both ways.

Johnny, if I prove the 530 combo can run first event out, will you come play? Lets say it runs with the N/A and 632/nitrous non-Lafferty tuneup. Somehow I think I know the answer to that question already. You can't have an advantage, you get the same tools everyone else gets to use.

Mr. Schroeder. If you want to play you will have to spend some money. For you to expect to keep up with age old technology is a little silly.

Like you have preached Johnny, "Leave the rules alone for a while and race".

I'm glad to hear Mike Schmidt had a great car count down in Fl. for this event. Unfortunately I am with DRAGRCR632, I highly doubt people will travel in these numbers.

It all comes down to, and I have been a victim of this myself. The NMCA needs to keep the rule changes to a minimum or none if they expect the car counts to stay or grow.
    2014 NMCA NPS champion!!!!

WWW.BBNovaRacing.com

It's obvious that the NMCA make the rules from input of the racers who support this class.Being a racer who attends only one race a year I really should have no input on this but,I will say to the racers who race this class it seems to me that you really don't welcome new cars.
    If you want the class to grow,the racers who race and support this class need to think about rules to build car count and stop worrying about rules that just affect them personally.
    Right now there is nowhere to run a NPS car except in the NMCA and that is a huge investment for a racer to make.
    If the racers that support this class would suggest rules that allow a broader range of engine combinations then maybe the NMCA would attract more local cars as they moved from race to race.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnova View Post
    You bitch about how the rules keep changing. All I read on this thread is how you want things different again. The rules are somewhat close with the exception of what Mr. Lafferty has figured out on the nitrous side. Looks like a couple others have gone the way of his tuneup also this coming season. You can't have it both ways.

Johnny, if I prove the 530 combo can run first event out, will you come play? Lets say it runs with the N/A and 632/nitrous non-Lafferty tuneup. Somehow I think I know the answer to that question already. You can't have an advantage, you get the same tools everyone else gets to use.

Mr. Schroeder. If you want to play you will have to spend some money. For you to expect to keep up with age old technology is a little silly.

Like you have preached Johnny, "Leave the rules alone for a while and race".

I'm glad to hear Mike Schmidt had a great car count down in Fl. for this event. Unfortunately I am with DRAGRCR632, I highly doubt people will travel in these numbers.

It all comes down to, and I have been a victim of this myself. The NMCA needs to keep the rule changes to a minimum or none if they expect the car counts to stay or grow.
    Kevin as you know very well I ran the 530 combo LOOOOONG before you knew what it was, you went on the trailer a few times 'cuz of it ... & I ran antique engines by todays standards and ran very well 5 years ago already so what's with this "advantage shit you speak of...lay out here?

I went a 7.40 with a .046 and a pooch of an engine....5 years ago and could of used a .048 at that time too...

...However....I can count ... and the car count is down to what? 7-9???...... along with the terrible payout doesn't warrent "chasing" a failing engine combination, that you can't run anywhere else, and that is in the bullseye of the NMCA rules folks that make changes for the sake of change...that hit you got when you went a 7.35 and got knocked down to a .041 is still talked about in circles and is the butt of alot of jokes...LOL!...
    So why chase a combo that the moment you get near a 7.19 'ya know your going to get whacked??.. been there ...done that

Beeson went 197mph (still the record)...in a ladder bar car, so what does that tell you?

I think the 632 combo should go a 7.12......and soon.....and you 'aint got a prayer
    Last edited by Rocket; 02-01-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill H View Post
    It's obvious that the NMCA make the rules from input of the racers who support this class.Being a racer who attends only one race a year I really should have no input on this but,I will say to the racers who race this class it seems to me that you really don't welcome new cars.
    If you want the class to grow,the racers who race and support this class need to think about rules to build car count and stop worrying about rules that just affect them personally.
    Right now there is nowhere to run a NPS car except in the NMCA and that is a huge investment for a racer to make.
    If the racers that support this class would suggest rules that allow a broader range of engine combinations then maybe the NMCA would attract more local cars as they moved from race to race.
    Yes Billy...you have no input here...never have...never will

....you 'aint one of.... "us" ....so stop trying to be....this aint Outlaw Stupid Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Yes Billy...you have no input here...never have...never will

....you 'aint one of.... "us" ....so stop trying to be....this aint Outlaw Stupid Stock
    Yes Johnny,That's the point I was trying to make,however you need to read the NMCA rulebook and build your combo accordingly and don't ask to have the rules changed to suit your personal plans .

Unlike you I was in Bradenton and saw the whole "Outlaw 632" class and there was a handful of cars that did not have 632s,and it would be nice if someone with a smaller engine could get a weightbreak to be more competitive which the NMCA does offer.

So either build your car to the rules that already exist,Or leave that thing under the cover and go back to whining about everyone else that actually go to the race track and race their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnova View Post
    Dammit!!! I just agreed with Kevin Parent!!!
    Jim Monson

Quote Originally Posted by Bill H View Post
    Yes Johnny,That's the point I was trying to make,however you need to read the NMCA rulebook and build your combo accordingly and don't ask to have the rules changed to suit your personal plans .

Unlike you I was in Bradenton and saw the whole "Outlaw 632" class and there was a handful of cars that did not have 632s,and it would be nice if someone with a smaller engine could get a weightbreak to be more competitive which the NMCA does offer.

So either build your car to the rules that already exist,Or leave that thing under the cover and go back to whining about everyone else that actually go to the race track and race their cars.
    Noone is building stuff to the... "rules"...duh?...hence the gossip for new paper...

Besides you 'aint rac'in NPS ...Outlaw 632 are you????

Lets say lock the rules at hand in for 2 years before any revisions !

Like Nascar says ... HAVE AT IT BOYS ! If you dont like it , stay home !

Quote Originally Posted by klafferty View Post
    Lets say lock the rules at hand in for 2 years before any revisions !

Like Nascar says ... HAVE AT IT BOYS ! If you dont like it , stay home !
    i have no problem staying homa again this year , stayed home last year too. so did some other car that race at bradenton this weekend. i know i wont and i know others that have raced nps in the past that just will not spend unlimited amounts of money trying to make a 632 make 1400 to 1500 hp on motor add that little jet and travel just for one class . if the rule where changed car count would go up . maybe when the sponsor all pull out because lets face it how long can they spend money on a class with just 7 cars

Personally..

I dont care what the rules are ... just lock them in for 2 years and lets play ball !

as a new comer to nps over the last couple of years i have been getting my car ready for the 2012 season , and iam with kenny leave the rules alone every time i think i am ready the rules would change so i would have to spend more money. i like the way the class is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast