Thread: Rules Question (Stretched Nose)

Rules Question (Stretched Nose)

Just wondering if it's ok to lengthen the nose for more front overhang in this class,As i am ordering a new front end for my car.
    I thought the cars were supposed to be OEM appearance and profiles,I would hate to see this ruin the looks of the class.

front over hang

7: BODY
    7: BODY BODY: Vehicle must retain original appearances and profiles for year and make of body. Only 1950 & newer American production vehicles permitted. The following items must be Factory OEM: (quarter panels, pillar posts, door jambs, and roof.) Lightweight body panels restricted to: front end/fenders, doors, hood/scoop, bumpers, and trunk-lid/hatch/deck-lid. Doors must be OEM appearing, have a functional door latch, and must function in OEM-style. Fiberglass fenders must be bolt-on replacements and have OEM appearance and function. Carbon Fiber is an acceptable lightweight substitute for Fiberglass. One-piece front ends (fenders and front valance/bumper) are permitted, but must retain OEM appearance. Hood must be separate from the front end. Driver and passenger doors must be functional and operable from inside and outside of vehicle. Front fender opening dimensions must be OEM stock. Hood and/or trunk lid must be hinged or lift off. Hood, doors, and trunk lid must be attached separately and must be operable. Front overhang is prohibited from exceeding 45 inches forward of the front spindle unless factory OEM body design exceeds 45 inches.

Hope this helps....ERIC
    X/S hasbeen
    S/S 2001
    LaFerriereRacing.com

Quote Originally Posted by ERIC LAFERRIERE View Post
    7: BODY
    7: BODY BODY: Vehicle must retain original appearances and profiles for year and make of body. Only 1950 & newer American production vehicles permitted. The following items must be Factory OEM: (quarter panels, pillar posts, door jambs, and roof.) Lightweight body panels restricted to: front end/fenders, doors, hood/scoop, bumpers, and trunk-lid/hatch/deck-lid. Doors must be OEM appearing, have a functional door latch, and must function in OEM-style. Fiberglass fenders must be bolt-on replacements and have OEM appearance and function. Carbon Fiber is an acceptable lightweight substitute for Fiberglass. One-piece front ends (fenders and front valance/bumper) are permitted, but must retain OEM appearance. Hood must be separate from the front end. Driver and passenger doors must be functional and operable from inside and outside of vehicle. Front fender opening dimensions must be OEM stock. Hood and/or trunk lid must be hinged or lift off. Hood, doors, and trunk lid must be attached separately and must be operable. Front overhang is prohibited from exceeding 45 inches forward of the front spindle unless factory OEM body design exceeds 45 inches.

Hope this helps....ERIC

So what part of original appearances and profiles don't you understand.
    I'd like to get an official answer from someone,Before people start showing up with Pro Mods with little tires.

It is original appearance and profile ....It says you can make it up to and not exceed 45 inch over hang unless it was like that from the factory ....This is Not a new rule and was reseached WELL before we mounted the turbos forward of the engine (just like everyone else ) I guess we should not have buile a malibu and should have picked up a mustang or camaro....It's what we have had for 14 years and like that its different ....There are many things in the rule book that can be looked at to try and make your car better ...some people use them and some dont. I would suggest if you have a rule question for your car just do what we all do and call the tech. dept....they are very helpfull. Hope you finish your car soon and join the great group that we all race with ...I look forward to meeting you. Hopefully you can add to the car count and support the racing scene ...

Trust me I understand the rule book well.....Good luck with Your car ...ERIC
    X/S hasbeen
    S/S 2001
    LaFerriereRacing.com

Hey Eric, not to change the subject, but glad you were able to stay clear of Frank yesterday.. what a close call!! Bet that's a front row seat you don't want to have again...

Denny
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

Bill it "appears" to be the "profile" of a Malibu and it has the stock wheel opening and appears to be within the 45" front over hang rule. Also appears to be on the stock wheelbase rule as well. I'm cool with it and I think classes like the current "outlaw" are an abortion of racing.
    pit man: S/S 2030

'97 Z28 M6, 98 Hombre, '99 Z29 A3

Eric thank you for clearing this issue up,and for the courteous posts.
    As I said elsewhere I love this class and the momentum that it is gaining.
    Just hope it stays in the same direction,It's nice to see the different body styles and I hope the NMCA keeps tabs on this before someone grafts a Pro Mod nose on a 68-69 Camaro or a 70 for that matter.
    I'm just looking to get my feet wet this year and we are hoping to make it to the Super Bowl in Joliet for our first race.
    Was hoping to keep the stock nose on it but we will see what happens for 2013,As I was going to replace it with a one piece anyway.