Thread: Be considerate in the pits sale

Be considerate in the pits sale

http://www.campingworld.com/search/i...716953&rewrote

Camping World has a sale on Honda generators until May 6th. These are in a totally different class than those five times the size, but 2/3 the price. I ran one that kept 2 16 volt chargers, a 12 volt charger, and a coffee maker going. 8 hours on a tank of gas, no hernia picking up, and I Ran it all weekend in the pits and never heard it. A 100 year old lady can start it. 3 year warranty, plus two additional years for $99 bux. The Honda motor is indestructible and will last far longer than that clanger People set in your pits because it is too noisy for theirs. They turn off by cutting fuel at carb. I'm big time sold on these as a portable generator. Quality doesn't cost, it pays.

FYI: Got to have an account there to see the pricing. Your link only pulls up a search page.

Sorry, I do have an account there so I saw the prices an assume others could see.

Honda price protects their generators and that's why it is one of the few items Amazon can't sell. You're not allowed to advertise prices or sales, or try to undercut others selling Honda.

What I can relay is that the street price for the non-California EU2000i generator gas like i have has a street price of about $1150 and I think the lists $1250. The sale price is $999. That's big time Steep I know, but you just can't compare to the old style for Performance and durability. It's like comparing a Model T to a Lexus.

Hey Dave, my wife bought me one of these Champion generators for Christmas, I haven't fired it up yet, but it has a huge muffler on it, looks like an old "California Turbo" muffler. Do you know much about them? I plan mainly on using it for my battery charger or some lights around my tent/shelter.

Last edited by Denny Pett; 05-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

I really don't. I've had quite a few of the Coleman ones that look like that, and they've always been loud, not so much from the exhaust, but from the motor getting a loose clanking sound to it.

I've always had a big diesel on the motor home, and so I've not much needed a portable. However, the last two races in a row I've been without power in the coach. In Bradenton, it was the inverter going out. In Allanta, it was the generators control board. I heard the Honda was a different technology on both motor that allowed for a lot of power from a small package. From 8am to 8pm it charged both cars on 16volt batteries, and a 12v that charged up the 6 house batteries in the motor home for lights and my Cpap. I only filled it once all weekend and it was 20' away and I never heard it. Impressed the Hell out of me.

Blog Entries
    I have one of each of the generators mentioned here. I use the Honda for everything except the the A/C in the trailer. My original plan was to get two and tandem to run the A/C but cheeped out and bought the Champion to run the A/C only. I am pretty sensitive to sound so don't like running the Champion even though I think it is quieter than most of this type of generator but no comparison to the Honda.

So the Honda all the time and the Champion only a few weekends a year

That's the other kool thing about the Hondas is that you can plug them into each other like you would batteries. A pair of 2000s equal a single 4000

Someone just showed me that Wise has them for $899

http://www.wisesales.com/generators-...enerators.html

You have to log in to see the price, and I did and it is

Edgar you think I'll have any issues with mine using it only to charge between rounds and do you think it will be quiet enough for that?
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Pett View Post
    Edgar you think I'll have any issues with mine using it only to charge between rounds and do you think it will be quiet enough for that?
    Denny... a drag strip is LOUD... Some people run open headers... I'd bet your gen. is quiter than that...

GMCRACER - 88 GTA maybe next on deck
    George Carey

Blog Entries
    Without a doubt Denny. I ran it to charge my trailer battery, my scooter, chargers for flashlight, drill, hot water heater for Via coffee...anything.. If the item does not need more then 2000 to start or run you will be fine.

George that is funny cause lots of people say that. I counter with, Can you have a conversation with someone when that open header car pitted next to you warms up or goes or comes back from a run? How about it if stayed running for 10-12 hours that we are at the track...would your head hurt?

I rather light candles than have a loud generator in my own pit for that long.

Personal preference my friend.

I am guessing you are not going to MIR Den cause if you are I will let you borrow mine and you decide. Next time you are at the track, walk around listening to generators..

Also you can buy a like a $20 cable from Honda to charge 12 volt batteries if you want to go that route. Not as fancy as a car charger that trickles but you can do it. I've seen folks do it. Only issue is you must have the generator close to the car cause it is a short cable

Quote Originally Posted by REDGAR View Post
    Without a doubt Denny. I ran it to charge my trailer battery, my scooter, chargers for flashlight, drill, hot water heater for Via coffee...anything.. If the item does not need more then 2000 to start or run you will be fine.

George that is funny cause lots of people say that. I counter with, Can you have a conversation with someone when that open header car pitted next to you warms up or goes or comes back from a run? How about it if stayed running for 10-12 hours that we are at the track...would your head hurt?

I rather light candles than have a loud generator in my own pit for that long.

Personal preference my friend.

I am guessing you are not going to MIR Den cause if you are I will let you borrow mine and you decide. Next time you are at the track, walk around listening to generators..

Also you can buy a like a $20 cable from Honda to charge 12 volt batteries if you want to go that route. Not as fancy as a car charger that trickles but you can do it. I've seen folks do it. Only issue is you must have the generator close to the car cause it is a short cable
    LOL... I've only used mine to charge the car and run my house during a power outage... I've never view the track as a hotel... That part is almost as fun as racing...

GMCRACER - 88 GTA maybe next on deck
    George Carey

Quote Originally Posted by GMCRACER View Post
    Denny... a drag strip is LOUD... Some people run open headers... I'd bet your gen. is quiter than that...

LMAO... yeah this I know, I'm one of those open header cars...lol
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM