Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FSC New Look

Quote Originally Posted by NMCA Scott View Post
    Yeah, I bet you could, but can you name the other class I raced in BEFORE that?
    Horse and buggy class?

Amish Street?

Quote Originally Posted by NMCA Aaron View Post
    Amish Street?

There were no streets in those days... try again.

There were no streets in those days... try again.

Pedal faster!

Quote Originally Posted by NMCA Aaron View Post

Pedal faster!
    The is either Norwalk or Maple Grove.^^^^^^^. On the other, I even called Butch for help on this one Scott, he was useless he said the only race you and I ran was on the interstate getting to motel one time. , I remember we got to a track early setup day , imagnine that and you were sitting there at the gate.I remember that much. I think in a rental car,maybe a mini van Lil Red Wagon Style, teasing me that you were up and ready for this event but I am guessing you wound up pulling a Bret Keppner and ran footbrake bracket class. Close or no cigar ?

It is just too bad Lynwood gave you a ten year ban for bad behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by NMC-1 View Post
    The is either Norwalk or Maple Grove.^^^^^^^. On the other, I even called Butch for help on this one Scott, he was useless he said the only race you and I ran was on the interstate getting to motel one time. , I remember we got to a track early setup day , imagnine that and you were sitting there at the gate.I remember that much. I think in a rental car,maybe a mini van Lil Red Wagon Style, teasing me that you were up and ready for this event but I am guessing you wound up pulling a Bret Keppner and ran footbrake bracket class. Close or no cigar ?

It is just too bad Lynwood gave you a ten year ban for bad behavior.
    I don't think you and I ever actually raced against each other. I forget the year, think it was '98 -- with NSCA. I think the class was actually called street radial, or something close. I raced with Mark Walter, Jason Phillips, and Larry Fleming, and yes Kepner raced the class as well. Heck if I recall he ended up in the top ten that year. I, on the other hand, after having a great start in St. Louis (beating both Mark and Jason) ended up in the final against Kepner, who soundly whipped my ass. I raced most of that season in different cars, but never made it past the second round again.

I don't think you and I ever actually raced against each other. I forget the year, think it was '98 -- with NSCA. I think the class was actually called street radial, or something close. I raced with Mark Walter, Jason Phillips, and Larry Fleming, and yes Kepner raced the class as well. Heck if I recall he ended up in the top ten that year. I, on the other hand, after having a great start in St. Louis (beating both Mark and Jason) ended up in the final against Kepner, who soundly whipped my ass. I raced most of that season in different cars, but never made it past the second round again.
    It would have been Street ET there was a separate race on Sat and on Sunday 1998 NSCA I was Street ET Champ Runner -Up that year. I think Randy White was Champion in that class in a V8 S-10. Ted Carter, Tim Clark, the Burns the Bushs , the Tulls and Steve Jones former NMC Champion they where all there. I dont' think we had a NSCA series magazine coverage then which makes this thread for class coverage even more justified for consideration. Jim Netherland had probably started by then as well and may remember more than I.

Then

It would have been Street ET there was a separate race on Sat and on Sunday 1998 NSCA I was Street ET Champ Runner -Up that year. I think Randy White was Champion in that class in a V8 S-10. Ted Carter, Tim Clark, the Burns the Bushs , the Tulls and Steve Jones former NMC Champion they where all there. I dont' think we had a NSCA series magazine coverage then which makes this thread for class coverage even more justified for consideration. Jim Netherland had probably started by then as well and may remember more than I.
    Bobby, I did not start until the 2nd race of 99 in St Louis. But every name you mentioned I remember and they all raced with us in NMC in 99 and 2000. Then 2001 I switched to NSS. When I first started the class was called Nostalgia Jr. Stock but you got it changed soon after. I was runner-up both years for the Championship. You won it in 99 and Steve Jones in 2000.

Jim N.

Who needs a magazine when you have me?

NSCA Series opener in St Louis... the winners were...

Pro Street
    Ricky Carlos

Outlaw Street
    Tony Williams

Super Street
    Donnie Bray

Modified Street
    Bill Houghton

Limited Street
    Paul Powell

EZ Street
    Norm Roll

EFI
    Tom Craig

Pro Nostalgia
    Ron Mancini

Nostalgia Super Stock
    Doug Wright

Nostalgia Jr. Stock
    Brian Burns

Very impressive, Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Netherland View Post
    Bobby, I did not start until the 2nd race of 99 in St Louis. But every name you mentioned I remember and they all raced with us in NMC in 99 and 2000. Then 2001 I switched to NSS. When I first started the class was called Nostalgia Jr. Stock but you got it changed soon after. I was runner-up both years for the Championship. You won it in 99 and Steve Jones in 2000.

Jim N.
    Thanks Jim Have a Merry Christmas to you and all your family

Way to go Scott---mind like a steel trap!!!

Jim N.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Netherland View Post
    Way to go Scott---mind like a steel trap!!!

Jim N.
    Hah! Hardly Jim, the "Steel Trap" is all of my Inside Motorsports archives.

Look Bobby, one page of coverage for the entire series! LOL!

One page WOO HOO just absolutely spoiled

Has the format changed for this forum ? It is nothing like it was or is something wrong on my end ? Very plain now not much color etc.

One page WOO HOO just absolutely spoiled

Has the format changed for this forum ? It is nothing like it was or is something wrong on my end ? Very plain now not much color etc.

Look and be amazed...

http://forums.nmcadigital.com/showth...is-interesting

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast