Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FSC New Look

FSC New Look

Just picked up new issue at PRI booth I really appreciate your article time for a change. I very much enjoyed the continuous reading from multiple class to finish

However. I remember Ted Carter back at Atlanta in 1995 asking why do you think racers travel all these miles for money that they win 30 miles from home at a local track?

Teds answer was exposure. The new mag format is nice but you may have cut your nose off.

However my constructive criticism is usually way off so it will interesting to see so from one friend to another put your armour on

I'm with you on this. Don't care for the mixture of classes in reporting. I only glanced at someone else's book. Mine hasn't got here yet.
    Steve W.

Well, I liked it real well myself for some reason. But you know how a Buick guy is ....different.
    JIM N.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Netherland View Post
    Well, I liked it real well myself for some reason. But you know how a Buick guy is ....different.
    JIM N.
    Kinda thought you would like it Jim very nice picture, Scott and Buck give you lots of well deserved attention see you tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by WR169 View Post
    I'm with you on this. Don't care for the mixture of classes in reporting. I only glanced at someone else's book. Mine hasn't got here yet.
    I'm with you on this one Steve... I liked the individual class coverage.. dont really care to much for this new format....
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

Blog Entries
    My subscription expired
    2014 Return stifled
    2013 Car sold, trailer sold, truck sold...just a fan now
    2012 Retirement?
    2011 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion! Back-to-Back
    2010 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion!
    2009 Memphis LSX Shootout Rumble Winna!
    2008 Atco LSX Showdown Winna!

I'm with the rest. The individual class coverage and class winner spotlight is much nicer. I won that event, and you can't tell until you read the whole article. It also gives other drivers in the classes their opportunity to have their picture in the national magazine using the previous format.
    Andy Warren
    2009/2010/2011 NMCA Nostalgia Muscle Car Champion

TRZ Motorsports, ATF Speed, Flowmaster Mufflers, Dart Machinery, Fuelab, VP Race Fuels, Mickey Thompson Tires, Flex-a-Lite, Scorpion Racing Products, Knieriem Racing Engines, Quick Fuel Technology, Ultimate Converter Concepts, Moroso, MSD Ignition, Red Line Oil, Comp Cams, Powermaster Performance, and Afco
    WarrenRacing@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by REDGAR View Post
    My subscription expired
    Mine too... sounds like we should hold out a bit longer...

GMCRACER - 88 GTA maybe next on deck
    George Carey

I also prefer the coverage by class instead of lumping many together. The classes are so different in the interests of people. I found myself really more skimming for my class than reading the entire article.

Smile

I threw it down thinking pages were missing. Definitely like the old format with classes seperated and stats. Please bring us our old fsc back.....

As i spoke with Scott Sparrow at the banquet, I also was like, there is pictures of Frank Mewshaw, Dave Beeson, Bill Trovato and Dave Hutnick all on one page and then it shows X/S and 275 final results, was explained that not many really care about coverage 6 months later and no one really follows it then and wanted to condense the race coverage, and get more other features and tech coverage. i get that but every class has an identity and when 3 different class cars are on one page you may go the the next race and think all three run in one class. Not ripping on you Scott as i always enjoy getting my FSC! and understand sometimes you gotta shake things up!
    Bob Curran - www.bobcurranracing.com - Email Me

2002 NMCA EZ Street World Champion
    2003 NMCA Sportsman of the Year
    2004 NMCA X/S World Champion ET Record Holder
    2005 NMCA X/S #3, ET Record Holder and Ambassador of the Year
    2008 NMCA X/S #6 - WSC 1 X/S Champion - GLD Jr. Dragster Track Champion Dad
    2013 NMCA X/S World Champion and Class Wrecker

Quote Originally Posted by T.Swisher View Post
    I threw it down thinking pages were missing. Definitely like the old format with classes seperated and stats. Please bring us our old fsc back.....
    I have no idea who you are but with only one post YOU sure know how to MAKE your POINT without a bunch of rip raf. Congratulations

Talking

Im an open comp guy. Havent got to race much in last couple years. Although I did win milan last year and runner up at indy this year. I just enjoyed reading the magazine and the ladder stats and qualifying results. I like to fly under the radar...

Hmmm.... let me take some time to formulate a response, but until I do that, did you guys not read my editorial explaining the deal?

I'll be honest Scott. No. When I get the book first thing I do is go to the NMC pages and check it out. Then when I get a chance I read the rest. I Glanced at Jakes copy on my way out the door to Orlando. I still haven't read the rest of it.
    Steve W.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast