Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FSC New # 2

Ain't Nobody Got Time For That

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7UgAprdpM

GMCRACER - 88 GTA maybe next on deck
    George Carey

The new format sucks for the racers. At least there could of been a special edition for the finals. Maybe just maybe an electronic "full" version can be provided for people to DL and keep the new dietary version for the mailings...

Quote Originally Posted by Elkyman View Post
    Scott, one thing I just thaught of was, if P/S and or NPS don't have a full field of cars(which one of those two class's has not lately and you know which one) could there extra space(text count) reserved for more text be used to fill other class info? just a thought...
    I myself would like to see more indepth pics of more of the racer's that DO NOT go deep into the rounds!, that used to happen, but again, change and format size with other race series coverage added to cover now. Keep at it guys, enjoy the fun while it last's as I feel it won't last forever...wish it would though...

John

Sorry guys, I've been away at the MPMC trade conference this week.

For the past several years I have let the car count dictate the number of pages of coverage each class receives. John, not to be an ass to you, but your comment plays to part of my initial point. If you had been paying attention to all of the class coverage you would have noticed that classes that had weak participation only received one page of coverage. That even included Pro Street. The "break" I usually used from one page to two pages was 7 or less cars usually received one page, while 8 or more received two.

The point (again) is... for the most part, you guys look at the class you run in and really don't pay attention to the others. (John) you may have already knew this and just didn't explain it in your post. Either way... The result was several heads-up classes only got one page, while the index classes always received two. EFI was the exception for several years due to a lower car count.

In order for the magazine to look appealing, we can't just toss text and photos on a page and make them all fit. There needs to be continuity, and for us that means a lead photo, and four supporting shots on the first page, and then six other shots (sometimes eight) on the second. With that layout we can get 11 or 13 shots printed per class on a two page story.

With the new format (the one you guys hate) that number is cut roughly in half.

The challenge for me is to find a way to squeeze more photos onto a single page of coverage, since we will probably be limited to only one page per class next year. I say this because I know you guys want to see your cars in print.

So....???? How do I do that? do we just run a lead shot of the winner and then cram a ton of photos on the page with a bare minimum of text (the story of the race?)

I'm looking for ideas here guys. As stated before, I want to make this work, and I can't find a compromise until I get some input from you.

How about the final four of each class with one newcomer total of 5 pics with text.

That's what I did with the single page of coverage in the old format. The new format uses that many cars too, just not on one single page for each class. I'm thinking if I cut the number of words in the text for a single page, I might be able to squeeze six shots total... big lead (winner), smaller shot for r/u and then four shots for the guys who reach the quarters (or a guy from the eighths if there is a bye).

Sounds like you need a bigger (aka- more pages magazine)... Charge us all another 5 bucks to be apart of the NMCA

just a thought

BTW- I'm sure AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT
    Last edited by GMCRACER; 01-25-2013 at 05:37 PM.

GMCRACER - 88 GTA maybe next on deck
    George Carey

Quote Originally Posted by NMCA Scott View Post
    I might be able to squeeze six shots total... big lead (winner), smaller shot for r/u and then four shots for the guys who reach the quarters (or a guy from the eighths if there is a bye).
    Hey I think that was suggested somewhere else on here earlier... Hummm lol

Hello.. Is this thing on...lol
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

Quote Originally Posted by NMCA Scott View Post
    I might be able to squeeze six shots total... big lead (winner), smaller shot for r/u and then four shots for the guys who reach the quarters (or a guy from the eighths if there is a bye).
    Hey I think that was suggested somewhere else on here earlier... Hummm lol

Hello.. Is this thing on...lol
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

Let me see if I can post that again...