Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Points

2013 Points

I noticed on NMRA board that points was posted as counting 4 of 6 races with no double points.

I like it. My vote

Quote Originally Posted by NMC-1 View Post
    I noticed on NMRA board that points was posted as counting 4 of 6 races with no double points.

I like it. My vote

Copied from NMRA Board

NMRA Trey
    Super Moderator

Re: 2013 Season

1. No double pts
    2. Best 4 of 6 races
    3. Bonus for 4 of 6, 5 of 6, and 6 of 6

I like it... It has my vote!
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

Great news, thanks NMCA!
    Chuck Hockenberry
    Open Comp
    Parker/Hockenberry Racing

Chuck, That was NMRA. It may come to the NMCA. Maybe.
    Steve W.

They were talking about a possible 150% for the last race, dd they throw that out? Is there a link to the NMCA points?

Blog Entries
    Hope it comes here too. I really like the removal of double points
    2014 Return stifled
    2013 Car sold, trailer sold, truck sold...just a fan now
    2012 Retirement?
    2011 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion! Back-to-Back
    2010 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion!
    2009 Memphis LSX Shootout Rumble Winna!
    2008 Atco LSX Showdown Winna!

Here's what I found in the rulebook for this year.

"At the NMCA World Finals in Indianapolis, Indiana one and one half base elimination round points will be awarded at this event exclusively for all NMCA Points Series Classes. Each round loss is awarded 150 points. Winner in each class are awarded 150 points at this event. Regular qualifying and record awards will stay in effect for this event."

Quote Originally Posted by NMCA Scott View Post
    Here's what I found in the rulebook for this year.

"At the NMCA World Finals in Indianapolis, Indiana one and one half base elimination round points will be awarded at this event exclusively for all NMCA Points Series Classes. Each round loss is awarded 150 points. Winner in each class are awarded 150 points at this event. Regular qualifying and record awards will stay in effect for this event."
    I do not understand. It is better than double but certainly discourages making all races. I hate not going to Bradenton as it is my favorite track but 3 rounds to get paid for 2 comparison doesn't make much sense. See you in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by NMC-1 View Post
    See you in Atlanta.
    It may be the case for me too, especially if the contingency report doesn't get any better on my end. Bradenton is always a 5 rounder for NMC, so it is pretty important that I go. It really took a toll on me missing it last year.

1.5 is better than 2, but still makes it rough considering the limited number of races. We'll see how it goes...
    Andy Warren
    2009/2010/2011 NMCA Nostalgia Muscle Car Champion

TRZ Motorsports, ATF Speed, Flowmaster Mufflers, Dart Machinery, Fuelab, VP Race Fuels, Mickey Thompson Tires, Flex-a-Lite, Scorpion Racing Products, Knieriem Racing Engines, Quick Fuel Technology, Ultimate Converter Concepts, Moroso, MSD Ignition, Red Line Oil, Comp Cams, Powermaster Performance, and Afco
    WarrenRacing@comcast.net

It just lessens the chance for some entry level cars that want to runindex for Championship. On the other hand it will encourage purpose built race cars from other series to play in index classes to compete in three races and the finals, maybe that is the intent.

I would appreciate an explanation to why NMRA is straight up and NMCA has a gimmick still built in.

Thanks

maybe just stimulate the heads up classes.. lol
    Andy Warren
    2009/2010/2011 NMCA Nostalgia Muscle Car Champion

TRZ Motorsports, ATF Speed, Flowmaster Mufflers, Dart Machinery, Fuelab, VP Race Fuels, Mickey Thompson Tires, Flex-a-Lite, Scorpion Racing Products, Knieriem Racing Engines, Quick Fuel Technology, Ultimate Converter Concepts, Moroso, MSD Ignition, Red Line Oil, Comp Cams, Powermaster Performance, and Afco
    WarrenRacing@comcast.net

NMRA is the same
    At the NMRA World Finals in Bowling Green, Kentucky one and one half base elimination round points will be awarded at this event exclusively for all NMRA Points Series Classes. Each round loss is awarded 150 points. Winner in each class are awarded 150 points at this event. Regular qualifying and record awards will stay in effect for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by NMCA Trey View Post
    NMRA is the same
    At the NMRA World Finals in Bowling Green, Kentucky one and one half base elimination round points will be awarded at this event exclusively for all NMRA Points Series Classes. Each round loss is awarded 150 points. Winner in each class are awarded 150 points at this event. Regular qualifying and record awards will stay in effect for this event.
    Thanks Trey that is a step in right direction and/or good compromise. I am like Dave just one year would like to see whom ever wins most points by equal measure wins the Championship without luck for one race and deduction or awarded points being involved.

But then I am very appreciative to have a place to race that treats everyone equal. That outweighs everything else.

I'm not going to complain about last year cause we benifited from it 7th to 2nd and missed 1st by a red light. Honestly I was more worried about falling out of the top ten due to the double points. 150 is a step in the right direction. NMC was so close last year, you had to go rounds at Indy just to keep your position going in. Even normal points would have shifted the order a lot the way it went down.

Likr Bobby said we have a great place to race. Is it april yet?
    Steve W.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast