Thread: Can you spot this brand of converter

Can you spot this brand of converter

i bought this converter from Dean Stevens when I bought my 540 motor for the black Coronet. When I windowed the 540, I sent it to a local converter builder to open up to clean, inspect, a rebuild if needed. It didn't need to be rebuilt, they said it was like new.

i then put it in the Aspen when I put the 408 in it. The 408 only had 4 passes in it before losing oil pressure. When I put the 360 back in it, I put the old converter I used with the 360 and put this one on the shelf.

I've been selling off anything I don't need to get ready to move into a smaller shop.

I remember being told the brand, and it was a top shelf brand, but I can't remember what it was. I'm thinkin Dynamic or Coan, but I'd be lyin if I said anything for sure. What I do know is that it isn't a PTC.

Does anyone know what this might be by the looks of numbers?

I'm thinking COAN. Our body has the same notch design.
    Steve W.

Well that's three (between here and NSSRacing.com's forums saying Coan. One thinking a Dynamic.

How about sending pics to these guys ?????? http://www.coperacingtrans.com

We got this from COAN and had it rebuilt by Bradco Engineering for our car.

Steve W.

Charlie Harmon hooked me up with Hughes Performance

Kevin at Hughes Performance says that he and two others that rebuild converters looked at the photos and all say it is a Dynamic.