Thread: cobwebs & crickets...

cobwebs & crickets...

... The last post in here was in mid-March.

Where'd everybody go?

<waving> HI SCOTT!!!

-Ron
    Ron Ward

Hi Ron, I'm still here

Rebel Racing

RebelRacing.8k.com

1993 Mustang Coupe
    9.10@152.40

Hey, Steve! How's things up north? Are you and and Felicia all thawed out yet, this spring? How's that Mustang?
    Ron Ward

Quote Originally Posted by PRO_Voice View Post
    Hey, Steve! How's things up north? Are you and and Felicia all thawed out yet, this spring? How's that Mustang?
    Things are going well here. Weather has been up and down. Not a lot of snow this winter as I only shoveled our drive 3 times. Wev'e had 80' days and then low 40's this week and now it's not even 50' but it will go up into the high 70's later in the week--weird weather this year for sure. As for the '93 drag car..........haven't had it out for 2 yrs now. it needs a front pump seal in the trans but just haven't got around to changing it yet. I just went for my physical and sent off the licience renewal. I need to get the chassis re-certified and then take care of the belts also. Haven't been in a big rush to get it back out as we have been having a blast with Felicia's car--that '68 Mustang Convertible I put together for her (bought it 2 yr ago). Previous owner put a 302 with an AOD. I did a HCI swap and put in a 3.80 gear in the 8". Not fast by our standards but it has been a lot of fun just driving a cool car again--lots of cruise nights and local car shows. I miss the racing and friends we made along the way but it sure is nice to just drive the car and not deal with all the packing up and wrenching that the race car comes with--not to mention the ever increasing casts of traveling--our days of 4-6 races a year I fear are over for good. I've thought of selling the '93 but know that I would only get 50 cents on the dollar (at best) that we have in it. If it wasn't my first (and only) new car AND all the trouble we had with the theft and re-build, I probably would sell and build something else down the road but I'll never have another first car and I'm sure I would regret it. For now I'll hold onto it and get it ready for later in the season. I'd like to get out for 1 race this year.

Rebel Racing

RebelRacing.8k.com

1993 Mustang Coupe
    9.10@152.40

Make that .05 on the dollar... been there, done that... I hate cars

I have a couple of restoration projects sitting here, but life seems to keep getting in the way... and now it is boating season...

Steveo if you want to make the trek down for the super bowl (minus race car) you got a place to stay here and we can hang at the track signing autographs.

(same goes for you Ron, but you'll need to trek East rather than South)

GMCRACER - 88 GTA maybe next on deck
    George Carey

Quote Originally Posted by GMCRACER View Post
    Steveo if you want to make the trek down for the super bowl (minus race car) you got a place to stay here and we can hang at the track signing autographs.

(same goes for you Ron, but you'll need to trek East rather than South)
    Might actually take you up on that George................our company is linked up with United and I can fly direct to ORD for next to nothing.................what's the cheapest way to get from there to your place?? I may have to bring a certain blonde with me though--she's still a lot of fun--Scott know's what I mean

Rebel Racing

RebelRacing.8k.com

1993 Mustang Coupe
    9.10@152.40

Quote Originally Posted by swc View Post
    Might actually take you up on that George................our company is linked up with United and I can fly direct to ORD for next to nothing.................what's the cheapest way to get from there to your place?? I may have to bring a certain blonde with me though--she's still a lot of fun--Scott know's what I mean
    Cheapest way... walk, or run like Forrest Gump

I myself would rent a car so you can come and go as you please (30/40 bucks a day as a guess). Amanda welcomes the addition of the unknown blond. Let me know closer to date. We are 20/30 minutes from the track.

George Carey

BTW - Why don't you have a facebook page like the rest of society?

George Carey

(wakes up)... Uhm... Hi Ron!

Scott, you'd be happy as a clam here. We are experiencing several squall lines per month. Come on out, the weather's great!
    Ron Ward

The silence is deafening.....
    Ron Ward

Well, the ole FlashBack is as killer consistent as ever (we hit a test-n-tune locally) made a handful of runs all within .005 of each other....lights weren't as killer but they were decent. Was good to make a few passes at least.
    Gene

I won Hedman Hedders Nostalgia Street Car on Sunday in Vegas. Does anyone have any starting line photos, none were posted in the results listed on the NMCA front page. And my wife is pissed that the last 2 rounds of NSC are not listed on the elimations list. Chirp Chirp Chirp