Thread: Bowling Green info need Clarification from NMCA

Bowling Green info need Clarification from NMCA

In the pricing it shows 4 day Heads up and bracket entry listed separate at $150, then it shows three day entry listed four different ways, what I am looking for is for a friend that runs Nostalgia Muscle Car, they are not listed in the Heads Up portion of the individual classes forum and are listed under Index, is this considered Bracket then? just trying to get clarification cost for him. and for the three day does it fall under the pricing for the Sportsman ticket or is it a heads up ticket, which is a difference of $105 to $55 and that seems strange that it would be $95 difference for as Thurs-Sunday vs. Friday-Sunday as the Heads up are $45 different for the same times

http://www.nmcadigital.com/2013_even...ng_ky_pricing/

Also will there be VP Fuel at the Track this weekend, I need 5 gallons of C16, or if anyone has an additional 5 they could bring for me I would exchange for cash!

Thanks

Sponge Bob
    Bob Curran - www.bobcurranracing.com - Email Me

2002 NMCA EZ Street World Champion
    2003 NMCA Sportsman of the Year
    2004 NMCA X/S World Champion ET Record Holder
    2005 NMCA X/S #3, ET Record Holder and Ambassador of the Year
    2008 NMCA X/S #6 - WSC 1 X/S Champion - GLD Jr. Dragster Track Champion Dad
    2013 NMCA X/S World Champion and Class Wrecker

Blog Entries
    All NMCA classes are considered Heads-up including the indexes

Bracket does not apply to any NMCA class
    2014 Return stifled
    2013 Car sold, trailer sold, truck sold...just a fan now
    2012 Retirement?
    2011 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion! Back-to-Back
    2010 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion!
    2009 Memphis LSX Shootout Rumble Winna!
    2008 Atco LSX Showdown Winna!

Did you look at the pricing page all the other pricing for sportsman which IMO is the index classes, they list heads up, sportsman, motorcycles and SuperPro/Pro Just looking for clarification from NMCA just seems confusing as they list the individual classes on there Forum as Heads Up (Pro Street thru Mean Street) and then call Index (NSS thru True Street) pretty easy to put that in the pricing structure as its confusing for some. for Joliet it was a Drag Race price and a Bracket price which to is pretty self explanatory, even Norwalk looks pretty clear as it states Drag Race (NMCA, Cobra Jet and Hemi) then (Accel Sportsman)(Mallory Super Pro & Mr. Gasket Pro) pricing. Usually I get lots of questions I can answer myself as I been around along time, stumped on this one as I could see someone showing up with this info and request they pay Sportsman pricing as they do not consider those classes Heads Up on their forum, Hell I might try that for putting the COPO in Open Comp for my son.

Bob,

Rollie is flying today. I'll have him call you when he lands.

Bob,

Rollie is flying today. I'll have him call you when he lands.

Thanks Scott, Rollie is on the ground and said he would get who's in charge of the online media and they should get that all fixed up!

You got a guy for that?

Bob. The sportsman is for the sportsman bracket class. They run Sportsman, pro and super pro at BG. At least that is how I read it.
    Steve W.

My question is why did I pay an extra $45 per person (4 of us) to get here Thursday, and you can't establish creditials or tech in? What was my $190 getting me? And poor Lynwood (Recovering from Bells Palsy and wearing goggles) appeared to be the only person parking rigs, except for Doug Duell doing the NSS cars. It was taking an hour for rigs to get parked.

if there's a new pro racer mission statement for the NMCA, then they need to always tech cars Thursday if they're going to bone us $45 a head or get the bigger rigs from clogging the pits getting parked on Friday, and they should charge $45 per truck/motorhome, not per person.

It helps NMCA for the longer rigs to get parked on Thursday, or else the pits would be I possible on Fridays when cars needed to get to the lanes.

new mission statements are nice, but frankly I miss Charlie, Trey, and TJ parking rigs; and Tech and creditials on Thursday. Not trying to stir up crap, just relaying what a lot of people in the pits were saying yesterday. God help NMCA if they lose Lynwood next.

Yes sir, AMEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    My question is why did I pay an extra $45 per person (4 of us) to get here Thursday, and you can't establish creditials or tech in? What was my $190 getting me? And poor Lynwood (Recovering from Bells Palsy and wearing goggles) appeared to be the only person parking rigs, except for Doug Duell doing the NSS cars. It was taking an hour for rigs to get parked.

if there's a new pro racer mission statement for the NMCA, then they need to always tech cars Thursday if they're going to bone us $45 a head or get the bigger rigs from clogging the pits getting parked on Friday, and they should charge $45 per truck/motorhome, not per person.

It helps NMCA for the longer rigs to get parked on Thursday, or else the pits would be I possible on Fridays when cars needed to get to the lanes.

new mission statements are nice, but frankly I miss Charlie, Trey, and TJ parking rigs; and Tech and creditials on Thursday. Not trying to stir up crap, just relaying what a lot of people in the pits were saying yesterday. God help NMCA if they lose Lynwood next.
    Michael Oellrich OC 9879
    1993 Dodge Dakota
    Home Tracks: Music City Raceway 1/8 & Beech Bend Raceway 1/4

2010 Open Comp Top Ten (7) - M.C.R. Street Legal Champion & Sportsman Top Ten (10)
    2009 M.C.R. Street Legal Champion
    2008 M.C.R. Street Legal R/U
    2007 True Street 14 Sec. Win Memphis
    2006 Super Truck Top Ten (8)
    2005 Super Truck Champion

Best:
    60ft: 1.69
    1/8: 7.68
    1/4: 12.09

Guys first I can assure you that Lynwood is not going anywhere.

The additional money that you pay to get it on Thursday is to cover the additional money that we have to pay in order to have the track open on Thursday, staff to operate the gate, staff to park, rental fees to the track itself, insurance premiums etc. Its a convieanance factor for the racers to be able to get in and parked a day early so they don't have to sit in line Friday morning.

While it may have appeared that Lynwood was the only one there, that was not the case there were several other staff members there parking as well you just happened to have Lynwood's assistance.

If you have anymore questions or concerns you can call Rollie Miller directly at 714-444-2426 ext 123 or you can email him at rmiller@promediapub.com and he can handle them for you.

See you guys in Norwalk in a couple weeks =)

Blog Entries
    I have been given that explanation before and thought it makes sense...a stretch, but i can see it.
    However, in this thread Big Kahuna shed some light I had not seen before and that is Thursday parking is just as much a convenience for NMCA, if not more, to park cars on Thursday because if all the Thursday racers show Friday, you would never get the Friday racing portion off and thus you would have to open it to parking on Thursday to get Friday racing in.

So the explanation, while appreciated, seems one-sided.
    Really i don't think anyone has an issue with paying for staff (we know we can do our part without you guys) and rental and light and insurance for Thursday but does it really need to be for ever individual in the rig? I think charging a fee per rig/setup/or racer makes sense but hitting racers up for a spouse, child, relative, friend, crew or helper is a bit much.
    2014 Return stifled
    2013 Car sold, trailer sold, truck sold...just a fan now
    2012 Retirement?
    2011 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion! Back-to-Back
    2010 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion!
    2009 Memphis LSX Shootout Rumble Winna!
    2008 Atco LSX Showdown Winna!

Guys:

The situation at Bowling Green was unfortunate circumstance, which left us understaffed. In the future on a three-day race like Bowling Green, we'll make sure that registration and tech is also open, and that we'll have the staff there to assure you feel your money was well spent.

That being said, he's the schedule for Norwalk:

Will this schedule be kept to at all? We waited till after three on Sunday to make our first pass, all the while watching the same bracket cars make pass after pass. One car i remember specifically, pulled into staging five times while we waited. The part that really got to me was that Pro, SS, SO, and NPS, i think, all ran, then they stopped and went to brackets. Now why cant the heads up portion be completed, it would have only been a few classes, before three more rounds of brackets? It might have meant ten more minutes of headsup? Then once we were finally called up to the lanes, we had all of thirty seconds to ready our car, etc before being RUSHED to the head of staging. The same thing after waiting all day for the first two rounds, we had virtually no time before being called for the final. I understand that the bracket program is your money maker, just don't forget the folks that travel for this series. Thank you.
    Matt Schmidt