Thread: LSX Clarification for Final Race

LSX Clarification for Final Race

Copied from the Rules for LSX
    Points will be calculated in the following manner: In order to receive any points it is mandatory to attend the NMCA World Finals featuring the 6th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout at OíReilly Raceway Park Indianapolis IN October 11-14 In all LSX Challenge Points Series Classes the best 3 or 4 events will be utilized to calculate a competitorís base pointís position.

As I read the above statement, to receive any points for the year I need to Attend the NMCA World Finals, being I will be in attendance at the NMCA World Finals and I will be entering our cars in the NMCA X/S and O/C and from what I know I am not allowed to run a single car in multiple classes at an event, I should be able to receive points for the year due to that fact I cannot run in X/S and LSX DR or O/C and 5th Gen this weekend. I would expect my points accumulated so far to be counted for Year End as I will attend the race. No where in the rules does it say you need to enter the race, tech and make it on the Qualifying sheet, just that "it is mandatory to attend"

So can I get a ruling on this as it depends if I plan on going to the LS Fest race this week.
    Bob Curran - www.bobcurranracing.com - Email Me

2002 NMCA EZ Street World Champion
    2003 NMCA Sportsman of the Year
    2004 NMCA X/S World Champion ET Record Holder
    2005 NMCA X/S #3, ET Record Holder and Ambassador of the Year
    2008 NMCA X/S #6 - WSC 1 X/S Champion - GLD Jr. Dragster Track Champion Dad
    2013 NMCA X/S World Champion and Class Wrecker

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure "attend" means same as regular classes you have to show, buy a card, go through tech and at lest get one qualifying time even if it is just break the beams. That disqualifies you and car from any other class.
    2014 Return stifled
    2013 Car sold, trailer sold, truck sold...just a fan now
    2012 Retirement?
    2011 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion! Back-to-Back
    2010 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion!
    2009 Memphis LSX Shootout Rumble Winna!
    2008 Atco LSX Showdown Winna!

Bob,
    Rollie shot over a response to your e-mail. Check it out and if you have any questions drop me a call, Rollie on the road to Vegas today heading to NMCA West race.

I'm pretty sure it also means running the LSX class you want to claim points in, not just be in attendance at the event. Rob Farley was running NMCA's EFI Rumble and LSX Rumble and thus had to use 2 different cars last year.
    As mentioned, Rollie should be able to give the final word here.
    Derejk "The Nordic God of Foul Starts"

1970 Chevrolet Nova SS Clone
    NMC 8060, O/C 9281, True Street
    -Just another street/strip car

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula
    LSX Rumble #628 and back-up bracket racer

Staff writer, FSC

www.fquick.com/Villain281H

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open."