Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 preliminary rules

I am out also, this is up setting. First Pure Street now Mean Street.
    Derek Downs
    Mean Street 10075

They've got a winner on their hands here.
    Jeff Swanson

we will continue to race, just wont be competitive and end up being a filler
    M/S 9

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING

GILLAM BROS. RACING

DT RACECARS

BRUCE HEMMINGER

JPC RACING

VANSENUS AUTO PARTS

VSI PERFORMANCE WAREHOUSE

QUICKFUEL

SPEC CLUTCHES

MY LOVING WIFE

AND SO MANY MORE! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

At least you guys still have a car you can use LOL, my car was converted from IRS to a torque arm -

2013 Rear Suspension rule reads - TORQUE ARMS: Permitted, only if OEM equipped or on vehicles converted from IRS.

2014 Rear Suspension rule reads - Torque arm suspensions are only permitted on OE equipped vehicles.

The 650 carb isn't a big deal, the 390 carbed NASCAR NW motors were turning over 9000 rpm and making near 800 hp on 358's before they put tapered spacers on them.

NMCA needs to define "raised runner", an OE LS7 head has the intake port floor over 1" off the deck, but that is OE height, it hasn't been "raised".

NMCA needs to clarify the header tube sizes, they mention that a 1&3/4" max OD primary is allowed, but then go on to say that a stepped header is allowed?
    Last edited by lsp; 10-14-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lsp View Post
    NMCA needs to clarify the header tube sizes, they mention that a 1&3/4" max OD primary is allowed, but then go on to say that a stepped header is allowed?
    I think they mean you can run a 1 5/8" step to a 1 3/4" step...........at least that is my take

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    I think they mean you can run a 1 5/8" step to a 1 3/4" step...........at least that is my take
    i hope that's not the case. Otherwise my new headers are wall art.

Any valve?

They need to spell out what they mean, 1&5/8" primary on a 410 ci motor LOL, MPG would be nice though LOL.

And where is this TFS Twisted Wedge Canted valve head?

Quote Originally Posted by rustang68 View Post
    any valve?
    ye$$$$$$$$

I have to read them a little more in depth but they are interesting. Header rule is fine and is very simple. You can have a max primary tube of 1.75 OD as the largest step.

Regulate air in and air out.
    2008 Pure Street Champion
    2011 Pure Street Champion
    2011 NMRA Sportsman of the Year
    2012 Mean Street Champion

Well the scanned versions were a little difficult to read, but from what I could make out I think it will fill the void between NMRA factory Stock and Coyote Stock, and the NA 10.5 class. I really like the idea of any crankshaft and rod journal, any connecting rod, FT piston, and any in-line non-raised cylinder head. I think the 650 cfm carb is small in comparison to a 80MM TB, and would like to see a 2" header. I'm ecstatic over the clutch and transmission rules. Ya I know I don't have money invested like other here but in the long haul I think it is good for the class, and will eventually bring in more racers.

Anyone interested in purchasing a Coyote Stock crate motor, Installation Kit, Kooks Headers, UPR K-Member, QT Bellhousing, and Spec Clutch kIt. Everything is still new and in boxes LOL
    How much? Lol!
    Tim Eichhorn
    Mustang Performance Racing
    954-946-0009
    tcteeichhorn@aol.com

Scott, might get with some of the Super Stock guys on the Class Racer Forum. Those guys are always willing to refer you to those who specialize in that field
    Yep, I am on Class Racer. All my friends run NHRA super stock & stock. I am the black sheep of the group. lol

It is NOT going to be any inline non raised intake runner head. There is going to be an approved list of heads, pretty much the same as the current list of heads. Yes any valve size. Tech is gonna consist of P&G check, cam lift check, and inspect through plug hole for flat top piston.
    Roush Competition Engines
    MV Performance
    JPC Racing
    UPR Products
    Excessive Motorsport east
    RJR

When are we to have our ideas in for changes?
    What is the targeted ET for this class?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast