Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 schedule any word???

2014 schedule any word???

Has anyone heard any rumors of what tracks will be on and if its going back to 7 race series???

Quote Originally Posted by Thetrain View Post
    Has anyone heard any rumors of what tracks will be on and if its going back to 7 race series???
    Your funny... we cant get proposed rules that have supposedly been out for over a week and you want a schedule???

I for one would love to see another race added in the south. For us in Florida Bradenton and Atlanta are the only somewhat close events and for us Atlanta was still 11 hrs. Bring one to SGMP, or back to central GA. Maybe add one in Bristol, still a trip for us but not as bad as the next closest one which is Bowling Green... Trying to travel to at least 4 or 5 next year, but the expenses are tough...

Agree 100%.Travel is a killer.I live in Pa.not a single event near us.Further attendance at these events is questionable looking forward.We like to run four but if we don't get one in the mid Atlantic area we are probably done.

I would like to see maple grove and Bristol.

schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Thetrain View Post
    I would like to see maple grove and Bristol.
    I look at the schedule and break it down into NHRA divisions. In NMCA there are two races in Division 2, Bradenton and Atlanta. And the final four events in Division 3, Bowling Green, Rt 66, Norwalk, and Indy. Makes it hard for the working man to travel the entire series. Much like why we stopped running Comp in NHRA, the travel for the return is just not worth it. While I love racing with the NMRA/NMCA some things need to change for us to keep continuing. If we are doing 7 races 2 of them should be in Div. 2, 2 of them at Div. 1 tracks, and 2 in Div. 3. This would level the playing field as far as travel.

If not for me to keep racing the series I may need to move to the Indy area, but I dont do COLD weather real well anymore...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by N/A5000 View Post
    I look at the schedule and break it down into NHRA divisions. In NMCA there are two races in Division 2, Bradenton and Atlanta. And the final four events in Division 3, Bowling Green, Rt 66, Norwalk, and Indy. Makes it hard for the working man to travel the entire series. Much like why we stopped running Comp in NHRA, the travel for the return is just not worth it. While I love racing with the NMRA/NMCA some things need to change for us to keep continuing. If we are doing 7 races 2 of them should be in Div. 2, 2 of them at Div. 1 tracks, and 2 in Div. 3. This would level the playing field as far as travel.

If not for me to keep racing the series I may need to move to the Indy area, but I dont do COLD weather real well anymore...lol...
    You could move to Nashville. Its a central location, with Florida being the long haul. :-)
    Michael Oellrich OC 9879
    1993 Dodge Dakota
    Home Tracks: Music City Raceway 1/8 & Beech Bend Raceway 1/4

2010 Open Comp Top Ten (7) - M.C.R. Street Legal Champion & Sportsman Top Ten (10)
    2009 M.C.R. Street Legal Champion
    2008 M.C.R. Street Legal R/U
    2007 True Street 14 Sec. Win Memphis
    2006 Super Truck Top Ten (8)
    2005 Super Truck Champion

Best:
    60ft: 1.69
    1/8: 7.68
    1/4: 12.09

Quote Originally Posted by keypunch View Post
    Agree 100%.Travel is a killer.I live in Pa.not a single event near us.Further attendance at these events is questionable looking forward.We like to run four but if we don't get one in the mid Atlantic area we are probably done.

Try living in Texas. Bowling Green is my home NMCA track at 900 miles each way.

They never announce until PRI -- but a little birdie told me (actually the worst kept secret in the pits at Indy) that it is 6 races with St. Louis replacing Bowling Green. Don't expect a confirmation on that until around PRI.

Dave I would've figured you would like to go back to zmax lol.

Dave, would prefer MIR LOL, and I heard the same thing Dave, St. Louis instead of Bowling Green. I have not heard anything about how many races for 2014.
    Bob Curran - www.bobcurranracing.com - Email Me

2002 NMCA EZ Street World Champion
    2003 NMCA Sportsman of the Year
    2004 NMCA X/S World Champion ET Record Holder
    2005 NMCA X/S #3, ET Record Holder and Ambassador of the Year
    2008 NMCA X/S #6 - WSC 1 X/S Champion - GLD Jr. Dragster Track Champion Dad
    2013 NMCA X/S World Champion and Class Wrecker

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Try living in Texas. Bowling Green is my home NMCA track at 900 miles each way.

They never announce until PRI -- but a little birdie told me (actually the worst kept secret in the pits at Indy) that it is 6 races with St. Louis replacing Bowling Green. Don't expect a confirmation on that until around PRI.
    6 races again with the majority of them being in the north central area, it gives a great advantage to those racers to attend more events without missing as much work or added travel expenses. A good schedule would break up the three geographic reagions with 2 in each if we are only doing 6 races, or better yet 3 in each, run for a regional championship and then have one end of year event with the top 5 or so regionally from each area contest for the overall championship...

Why they getting rid of bowling green ? I love that track.

2012 EFI #9
    2010 - 2011 Hiatus
    2009 EFI #4 (only ran 3 out of 7 races and won 2 of them)
    2008 EFI #3
    2007 Eaton Posi Late Model EFI Champion
    Straight Line Performance
    Young's Auto Supply
    UMI Performance
    Advanced Induction

WTH... Say the Bowling Green deal isn't true....
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

I am sure they base the tracks they go to on data gained thru out the years as where the majority of the racers are coming from, but I been wrong before.
    Bob Curran - www.bobcurranracing.com - Email Me

2002 NMCA EZ Street World Champion
    2003 NMCA Sportsman of the Year
    2004 NMCA X/S World Champion ET Record Holder
    2005 NMCA X/S #3, ET Record Holder and Ambassador of the Year
    2008 NMCA X/S #6 - WSC 1 X/S Champion - GLD Jr. Dragster Track Champion Dad
    2013 NMCA X/S World Champion and Class Wrecker

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Curran View Post
    I am sure they base the tracks they go to on data gained thru out the years as where the majority of the racers are coming from, but I been wrong before.
    I guess based on the car counts at the last 2 BG events, I can see it happening... Sucks if it's true!
    Denny Pett
    NMC 8401
    Open Comp 9089
    2011 / 2013 NMCA Signature Award Recipient

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Carolyn, Dad, Andy Warren, John Mackey
    Jason & Patrick @ Auto Transmission Factory
    WWW.ATFSPEED.COM

Zach @ Quick Fuel Carburators

I would like to see, Atlanta, BG, St Louis, Joliet, Norwalk, Indy. If they want 7 then add Bristol or Memphis.
    Steve W.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast