Thread: IM here..now lets get an event back in the east

IM here..now lets get an event back in the east

:.....anyone here anymore???
    Last edited by nos81bu; 11-24-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    Paul Ferrucci

1981 chevy malibu(sold)
    2003 supercharged vert corvette built by Dr.Phil and ECS

4 time true street champion atco,reading 04' superbowl 07,atco 2008

It took me 2 years after burning my car up to decide what I wanted to do. The car is at Jeff Lutz shop in PA as we speak nearly done. Ive decided to go back to running a set up I had FUN with.. Its coming back to TRUE STREET as an 8;71 Blown SHow car.. I wont be the fastest car out there, But itll be the BEST LOOKIN : )
    Tom Heatley Jr
    Gleason, TN

Yo Tom!!! I just asked Rajat about you a week or so ago. Hope all is going well. I didn't know you ran a blower set up before. I don't think I saw any pictures of that. FWIW keep an eye on your chassis. There was a pretty scathing discussion about certain chassis guys on YB.

Mark, Jeffs work is AWESOME.. That crap on Yellow Bullet goes a lot deeper than is seen on the surface. Give me a ring some time and Ill bring you up to speed. As far as me running a blower I thought you knew after I crashed my Vega I built the 69 camaro as a roots blow show car after I promised the wife I would (slow down). I drove it to cruise nights and car shows for a year before I ever took it to the track to see how fast it was. Thats always been my biggest gripe about all the money people talked me into spending to go Procharger and then go Turbo. I had more money than brains for a while there. : ) Ive always bitched how the 69 was running bottom 9s with a nothing 468 with an 8:71 on it on M/T sportsman Pros and never did diddly squat after spending a fortune on prochargers, blow thru carbs, fuel injection, turbos , new chassis etc.. After the fire I had the car totally stripped to a shell, media blasted and painted and I was trying to sell the car for $20K as a roller and letting $20K worth of electronics go with it. Nothing but tire kickers and dreamers... So I decided to put it back together as a roots blown show car.. Same 477 that I ran with the twin turbos, Swapped out to a blower cam,dropped the spring pressure from 875lb to 725 lb and bought a Blower SHop 8:71 with twin 950s. Funny thing is Ill get enough $$$ for the racepak,fuel injection, intercooler,Intake,elbow,AMS100 etc to fund the whole swap over. So now itll be a street friendly cruiser that I actually know how to work on and can drive all the time..
    Tom Heatley Jr
    Gleason, TN

In case you dont have it any more my digits are 731-336-2948
    Tom Heatley Jr
    Gleason, TN

Tom I don't remember that time frame with your car. I think the first I saw the 69 was when it had the procharger on it and you were tossing belts. It's a shame that the stuff on YB gets so nuts sometimes. I still have both numbers for you and I hope you still have some money left and found some brains along the way. That's kind of where I am at with mine. I don't feel like spending the big bucks to bring it down to Mustang weight so the 8.50 index fits me just right at this time and the fact that Super Chevy still allows LADDER BARS in True Street is something I might try this year too. I think we are coming down to Bristol mid July for the Junior Dragster stuff they have there for the week.

Bristol is the other side of TN for me, about a 6 hour drive..A good friend of mine (monte smith) not thte nitrous guy,takes his twin daughters to that Bristol race every year.

Tom Heatley Jr
    Gleason, TN

Nice shot. Almost ten years old now. That's the monte smith i would have thought of. We hope to be there. I am waiting to hear back from them about a camping spot.

Wow.... I thought I heard crickets.... it was just Tom's old bones squeaking.

Ron Ward

Present and accounted for.
    Ron Ward

Quote Originally Posted by PRO_Voice View Post
    Wow.... I thought I heard crickets.... it was just Tom's old bones squeaking.

You aint kidding RON.. Im older, Fatter and always suffering from some ailment.. Man it sucks getting old. All those crashes and hard years are taking a toll on me now.
    Tom Heatley Jr
    Gleason, TN

Tom, I wish you luck with the new ride. I do enjoy a roots style supercharger.
    Ron Ward