Thread: Let's think outside the jet box

Let's think outside the jet box

Just had some ideas to jump start the NPS class and wondering what the last 3 or 4 competitors think of these ideas,Also would these ideas enhance a racer to come participate when the NMCA came to town.

First get rid of that jet rule,Keep it a single system but run whatever jet you want.This would stop the Hot,Cold bottles.

Next simplify the weight breaks.

600-640 cu.in. 3150lbs

541-599 cu.in. 3000lbs

Up to 540 cu.in. 2850lbs

Small Blocks 2700lbs

I think this would fit a lot of local racers and make it easier to fit in to.

I know some other details could be worked out as carbs,fuel inj,conv heads,etc But just as a baseline I think this may make it exciting for a nitrous only class

So lets hear what some RACERS think (Please I know it's hard but PLEASE armchair guys sit this one out) and BAIO'S suggestions will be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill H View Post
    Just had some ideas to jump start the NPS class and wondering what the last 3 or 4 competitors think of these ideas,Also would these ideas enhance a racer to come participate when the NMCA came to town.

First get rid of that jet rule,Keep it a single system but run whatever jet you want.This would stop the Hot,Cold bottles.

Next simplify the weight breaks.

600-640 cu.in. 3150lbs

541-599 cu.in. 3000lbs

Up to 540 cu.in. 2850lbs

Small Blocks 2700lbs

I think this would fit a lot of local racers and make it easier to fit in to.

I know some other details could be worked out as carbs,fuel inj,conv heads,etc But just as a baseline I think this may make it exciting for a nitrous only class

So lets hear what some RACERS think (Please I know it's hard but PLEASE armchair guys sit this one out) and BAIO'S suggestions will be ignored.

And I see you made alot of headway...........